Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

I have been told I need to "back off" and loosen up

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 61 Replies

When I have to talk to my DD or give her a time out for her behaviour she automatically and sincerely apologies for what she has done. She cleans up after her self shen asked and always wants to help. She will be 4 on Nov. 4th and is intelectually 5 or 6.

She was with me 24/7 until she was 2. I out her into daycare so she could learn to interact with ohter children. Other than that her time is spent with me and her father. She istill falls asleep on me, lays on me for tv time and I let her fall asleep in my bed when she asks too. I have what most people would concider an abnormally close bond with her. I am supper aware of where she is and what she is doing. But I let her do her own thing.

Does any of this sound strange to anyone?

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leanntx
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM
4 moms liked this
Doesn't sound strange to me.
jonsgirl99
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

BUMP!

jonsgirl99
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I could really use some feed back please

jonsgirl99
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

BUMP!

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM
2 moms liked this
No. There is an attachment disorder where a child is too attached To the parent but that just sounds like secure attachment.
Tannaris
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like me and my kids. I don't think it sounds strange.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwriter
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not the one to ask. My 5 year old almost always sleeps with us and needs me to drive him to/from school (scared of the bus)....on the other hand, he'll play at the neighbor's house without me and is fine in school all day, loves to help around the house. He's probably babied b/c our other 2 are teens and he just seems like such a "baby" to us!

Barbiedip
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds secure, healthy and lovely! You sound very close, which other people probably wish they had with their child. Don't let other people force you to change your relationship with your DD just because they don't have what you do!

aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a little girl who loves her mom, and a Mom that loves her back...Nothing strange. Now if she snaps to what she's doing because she's scared of you, that would be a different story, but this doesn't sound like that.

jonsgirl99
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I would never change it. I love how close we are and how secure she feels at all times. She is confident and secure with herself and me. I feel so blessed to still be able to hold her and sing to her every night before bed. I love that she falls asleep on me and I love that when she needs to she crawls in to our bed. I do not understand parents that tell their child no when it comes to these things. I never tell her no when she needs comfort of any kind.

Quoting Barbiedip:

Sounds secure, healthy and lovely! You sound very close, which other people probably wish they had with their child. Don't let other people force you to change your relationship with your DD just because they don't have what you do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN