Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me to get my 3 year old to stop pooping in her pants!

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

She turned 3 in september. She is so good. She will pee in the potty all on her own. Won't have to be told, but if she has to poop she will go hide and do it... I am so tired of it! it is ridiculous! Please help. Any advice?? If all you have is criticism please go on...

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Put her on the potty every 30 min keep reminding her if u smell her pass gas rush to the potty start a sticker chart when she poops in the potty she gets a sticker she she poops her pants she looses one hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Sticker chart, for sure. But it is not ridiculous, she is three. She will get the hang of it soon, you just need to be patient and not make her feel bad about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:45 PM
It can be scary for them to let loose like that. We did positive reinforcement and never punishment. We had a chart to mark down the times they went with stickers. Once they had the peeing part down we would concentrate on talking up the pooping. If they did it in the potty they got a small prize(think sticker, piece of candy, something small). If they did it like 5 times the toy would be a bit bigger. Once they were fully trained they got to pick out a large toy.
143myboys9496
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:21 PM

It can be scary for kids to poop. Offer her a pull up rather than underwear. Make it no big deal. Both of my boys were afraid to poop in the potty. And my youngest was peeing in the toilet at 2 1/2. My eldest was trained (pee) by 3. My eldest used to hide to poop too. At one point he was so stressed about pooping (he didn't want the pull up but was afraid of pooping in the potty) he ran circles around my dining room table. 

It'll come when she's ready. Just be understanding, supportive, calm. Make sure if she chooses the pull up she understands it's not wrong or bad. 

I never met a kid that started kindergarten or 1st grade not pooping in a toilet. My eldest by 3 1/2 to 4 and my youngest by 3 to 3 1/2 were both pooping in the toilet. 

It'll come. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured