Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Confused hurt and need advice

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 19 Replies
I'm confused and I really need help on what I should do or how to deal with the pain I'm 23 and I'm 14 weeks pregnant and this is my second pregnancy my first one I had to have an abortion at the age of 14 but I want to leave that alone well here's my story I moved in with mom to help her out because she have grandma seizures and also I felt like I needed her support because this is her first grandchild and my first baby but tables have turned my mom and I haven't always had the best relationship with her but I felt like this child would bring us closer but it hasn't all we do is argue she tell me that she only wants the baby she don't want me she say I only complain and whenever my man comes over to visit its like she's trying to ruin our relationship I've never cried this much but I have since I've moved in with her and I feel like I need her support but I don't get it I don't get the feeling like she care about me because she curse me out constantly or saying mean things I feel like she hates me if anything I feel like she should understand because she have five kids and two miscarriage but she don't
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Are you working? Is your babies daddy helping to support you? Make yourself independent and your moms behavior wont matter.
StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you have an option of somewhere else to go? If you guys are always fighting, it's not good for you or the baby.

Good luck Mama.

nabeaud
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:37 AM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't sound like you're getting her support at a time that you're needing it.  All this added stress isn't good for you or for the baby.  I think you should move back out and let your mother handle her own things.  Will the baby's father be there to help you out some?

Some people just can't live with their parents after they are grown (it's like oil and water).  It didn't sound like a healthy environment for you or the baby.

Diva3290
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I get unemployment and yes he's very supportive I only moved here for the pregnancy support and we are looking for places surrounding my moms location to help her with her illness but there's nothing like support and live from your parents and when you don't get that support it hurts wether your working or independent a child needs there parent for support at least once in their life time and I need mines right now
Diva3290
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 1:46 AM
No I don't have anywhere else to go I'm from Chicago all my family is there and I know it's not good for the baby and I would think she would know that two but it seems like she don't care so my question would be how do I not let her get to me
Kellyjude1
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried being open and honest with you letting her know how you feel?  Maybe plan a day out together just you an your mom even if its just going out to a restaurant.  Let her know your feelings that you are not trying to complain but that you do want the two of you to be close and not argue.  Tell her how much it means to you to have her support.  Hopefully by letting your feelings out she may let her feelings out too.  Could it be possible that she is upset that you are pregnant?  Just trying to figure out why she would be that way towards you. I think the only way to not let her get to you is to be the bigger person and just put your heart out there let her know you love her and that it is important for the two of you to get along.  I hope she will realize how blessed she is to have you and that all you want is her support, love and understanding.  I hope things get better.  

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I am so sorry that you have this sad situation.  It really sounds as though you need to move out of your mother's place. She is not giving you the support that you are seeking. Find work and get your own place. Good luck, and ((hugs))

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Sometimes we don't get what we feel that we want or need. In this case your mother is not providing what you want, so you need to determine that you are the strong woman that you are and move forward with your life and that of your child.

Quoting Diva3290:

I get unemployment and yes he's very supportive I only moved here for the pregnancy support and we are looking for places surrounding my moms location to help her with her illness but there's nothing like support and live from your parents and when you don't get that support it hurts wether your working or independent a child needs there parent for support at least once in their life time and I need mines right now

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I would move out. No way would I take that from my mother nor would I want my child exposed to it.

sara170
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like it is time to move out. My guess is, if you stay, your relationships, what you have left, will be ruined. And when baby comes, your mother is going to run the show. Besides you are pregnant and don't need the extra stress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)