Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

hi im Crissy new to cafe moms

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
I need some advise!!! I'm 33. I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy November 5th..... Im keeping my ovaries. And the surgery will be laproscopic. I'm freaking. its only being done for painful periods. A week before i start and the week of..... And honestly did anyone gain weight after??? I do a lot of exercise. I'm active with kids and taking care of my sick mother and all of that cleaning..... But I don't want to first have this surgery just because for two weeks I'm in horrible pain.... And second I don't want to gain weight!! Its hard to keep weight at bay now.... And I shouldn't complain. I am 5'10 and 150. And almost 34. But I enjoy being my build. And I don't want to have such a drastic surgery for me feeling like horrible horrible crap 13 days out of every month. Is that bad???
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crissross
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I really need help..... I'm about to run screaming the other direction to not have this surgery done!!!! Help!!!
MomtoAlexis05
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to send you a friends request. I had a total vaginal hysterctomy at age 29 (now 32) I had already had my daughter and a tubilgation ( a yr after having her), mine was 4 a pre cancerous leasion, l kept my ovaries too. My weight before was 5'6" 120~126 and exact same afterwards, started gaining recently only b/c of started to drink beer, my bad choice!!! :( :( :( But no, i am told it's only when you get your ovaries taken that your hormones change etc and you go into pre menopause and the weight piles on. My cousin had hers removed (ovaries) and gained like 80 lbs (i think also tho.....we think there's GOT to be more to it than that, rumors of pain pill addiction~from another surgery etc....) But no, I have had eating disorders in the past so I still remain very weight conscience and I don't think you have anything to worry about, like w/ anything else it's self control. Don't over eat or binge when get cravings, keep it at bay. You'll do fine. Please keep checking in!! :D ~Carrie~

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I have no experience but hope someone does for you. Good luck
LancesMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this

If you watch what you eat you should be ok! Good luck with your surgery!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM

If you aren't sure-perhaps it would be better to hold off on the surgery until you are sure. Have you talked to your doctor about other options? Good luck on whatever you decide.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM

welcome!!!!!!

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
My mother had a hysterectomy she did not gain weight:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Oct. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Crissy and welcome to CafeMom and Advice for Moms!  We are glad to have you with us.  I myself am not familiar with having a hysterectomy but if you are feeling un-easy about getting it done I would say hold off and see if you can work more with your doctor for a less drastic solution or get a second doctor's opinion.  Good luck. 

crissross
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Thank you so much ladies.... I'm very scared... I think it might be the best option.... Tuesday is the big day.... I will keep you posted. I did find a little workout thing once I'm feeling better. So crunches and planking. Easy stuff.... So I guess I'll hit you guys up in a week or so. Thank you so much!!
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I can understand being scared for sure. I hope you get some good answers on Tuesday and that things start to look up for you. Hugs. Thanks for updating us.
Quoting crissross:

Thank you so much ladies.... I'm very scared... I think it might be the best option.... Tuesday is the big day.... I will keep you posted. I did find a little workout thing once I'm feeling better. So crunches and planking. Easy stuff.... So I guess I'll hit you guys up in a week or so. Thank you so much!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)