Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Please help!

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello everyone! I'm a stay at home mom, raising my 19 month old daughter. I take care of her  and I am with her all the time.  In the last  month, my daughter has been going up to other people and raising her hands up for them to hold her.  This happens often and with random strangers. I just cant understand it?  Why does my daughter want everyone to hold her? What makes it worse is that when I go to take her back she doesn't want to come.  This breaks my heart and I feel like my daughter does not want me.  I do everything for her- bathe her, put her to sleep, feed her and play with her , however I feel like I did something wrong.  I don't think this is normal. Can someone help me? I feel so sad about this! THANKS

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM
It may just be a phase kids do crazy stuff please dont take it personal she is a baby hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SWEET737
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I have seen that happen many times before. It may be the color they are wearing, or the jewelry( especially necklaces or earrings ) they may have on that may catch their attention at first. It is just some thing or someone new to them . You are not doing anything wrong and I wouldn't take it to heart. She is just exploring.

butzi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:08 AM

She may just be super social and friendly. On a funny note... One  time when my now 18 year old sone was about 2, we were at a restaurant witha huge group of people and a couple walked past us. My son reached out to the man and held out his arms excitedly and yelled "Daddy!!" The man just said "Hey, little buddy!" but apparently his date thought there was a real possibility, because she burst into tears and ran out of the restaurant. The man just stood there.  Everyone in our group just looked at my son and finally started laughing. I did go out and tell the girl. ThatI had never seen the man before and that we lived about 500 miles away so she had nothing to worry about.

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

My girls did the same thing, especially my first. She never met a stranger, as they say, but always wanted to go to everyone and make friends with everybody she met. Once we were at a video rental place and there was this big surly biker in there who everybody was giving a wide berth because of the big scowl on his face. When she saw him, she got the biggest grin on her face and threw herself from my husband's arms at the biker. He took her and broke into a big grin himself. My husband apologized but he said it was okay and said, "Hey, cutie, you wanna go home with me?" she said, "Yeah!" LOL. He said, "I'd take you for a ride on my bike and everything. But your Mama might be sad?" she turned to me and threw herself at me then, lol. But she still blew him kisses and just made his day.

My mom said that babies who are secure in their lives are more open, and I don't know if it's true but it certainly seemed that way to me. So, mama, remember, she's not picking someone over you, but it's a new person and she wants to meet them?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN