Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TATTOO?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 12 Replies

I really want a tattoo for xmas I have wanted one for years. I want an old fashioned anchor dark gold color with a rope around it and very very dark blue background with my son's name written over it and his birthdate. My only dilema is where to get it. I have piercings but no tattoos so this is my first. I am debating over my foot, or the underside of my forearm or maybe my back but I really want to be able to see it everyday as it is for me not for anyone else. Thoughts?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Maybe on your chest my hubby has our kids names under his heart:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ksadberry49
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Don't do it on your foot for your first tattoo! I have one on the back of my neck and on my shoulder blade. Maybe on your calf depending on how big you want it.

Brycensmommy85
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

No no leg tattoos, they are not my fav. Why no foot? Because of the pain? I am not too worried about the pain. I like the back of the neck but I have long hair and I want to be able to see it everyday.

Quoting ksadberry49:

Don't do it on your foot for your first tattoo! I have one on the back of my neck and on my shoulder blade. Maybe on your calf depending on how big you want it.

lovelytm
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Go for the fleshy part of the forearm.

ksadberry49
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I have a friend that has 2 foot tattoos. Both done after her baby was born. She said that the ones on the foot hurt almost as bad as giving birth. Lots of bones right there. Not at lot of muscle or fat to soften the blow.

Quoting Brycensmommy85:

No no leg tattoos, they are not my fav. Why no foot? Because of the pain? I am not too worried about the pain. I like the back of the neck but I have long hair and I want to be able to see it everyday.

Quoting ksadberry49:

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I would think hip maybe so it is your eyes only but a fair amount of padding and plenty of space for a good sized tattoo.

Its.me.Sam.
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:18 AM

i say get it where you feel good about it being there.  
i have a couple on my fingers, one on my wrist, a couple on the ankles/legs and large to medium/small stars on one side of my shoulder blade up into my nape.  none of them hurt - but i think i have a high pain tolerance.  my next - and likely last - will be a small one behind my ear.
i generally say get the first one in a spot that can be covered or hidden if you want it or seen of you want it... that way you can kind of decide if youre a tattoo person without a huge outward committment.  generally people tend to get more once they get one lol.   

Jillysmom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:04 AM
if you're not afraid of it showing, I would do it on your 4 on on the inside. I have to tell you I have 10 of them, one on my neck and two on the top of my feet. and honestly the ones on my feet I would have rather been in labor again none of the other ones bothered me.
Brycensmommy85
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Forearm may be a good idea if the foot is as bad as labor! Damn!

Quoting Jillysmom:

if you're not afraid of it showing, I would do it on your 4 on on the inside. I have to tell you I have 10 of them, one on my neck and two on the top of my feet. and honestly the ones on my feet I would have rather been in labor again none of the other ones bothered me.

Jillysmom
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Glad you were able to figure out what I meant. I have one of each forearm. I honestly think the to if the foot is the worst. I'm just glad we don't have 3 feet or I would have to get another and it was bad. My friend went with me and she say the look on my face was crazy. And she learned some new words, lol

Quoting Brycensmommy85:

Forearm may be a good idea if the foot is as bad as labor! Damn!

Quoting Jillysmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)