Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Present for a 5 year old girl?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 6 Replies

Dd got invited to a birthday party for a little girl in her class and I want to get a present for this little girl.  I asked dd if she knows what this little girl likes and she doesn't know (dd just turned 4 years old).  The theme for the birthday party is "Duck Dynasty" which I've heard is a great tv show but I've never seen it. I was looking online at toys r us and I couldn't really find much related to duck dynasty.  Not something for a 5 year old girl anyways.  I was going to ask the little girl's mom when I rsvp'ed but I just got her voice mail.

So anyways....I need some ideas.  What are some good gifts for a 5 year old girl?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get a gift card. Then she can get what she wants. 4 is a good age to start games, so maybe a board game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I was thinking that too.  I give my niece gift cards but she is 10.  I didn't know if that would be tacky or silly for a 5 year old.

Quoting atlmom2:

I would get a gift card. Then she can get what she wants. 4 is a good age to start games, so maybe a board game.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Any age are fine for gift cards.

Quoting -PB:

I was thinking that too.  I give my niece gift cards but she is 10.  I didn't know if that would be tacky or silly for a 5 year old.

Quoting atlmom2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM

A princess doll.

-PB
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

That's what I would think too except with her birthday party theme being duck dynasty I wonder if she is a more of a tom boy.  (Nothing wrong with that.  I was a tom boy growing up.  I hated barbies. lol)

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

A princess doll.

Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this
U could get her a duck dynasty t-shirt they have lots of those I have also seen stuffed toys of the characters
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)