Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do you explain to your kid

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM
  • 30 Replies
that Santa won't get her certain things, like Monster High beds that are out of production and outrageously priced? She thinks the Elves can make them.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her they don't know how to make that.
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this
We've explained it that it costs Santa money to buy the materials the elves use to put toys together. Some of those parts are so expensive that Santa can't spend that much money just on one little girl or boy because it wouldn't be fair to the rest.

We had to discuss this recently when my 6 year old decided she wanted EVERY American Girl Doll they make, lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We just remind our girls that a list is great for santa, but not everything on it shows up. :)

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Best thing to do is have Santa bring a stocking and one or two gifts. Have larger gifts be from Mom and Dad if you have money. That way Santa never brings expensive gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1frog
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Tell her Santa doesn't have a lot of money this year, that he has to spread out what he has among alllllll the kids in the world, and sometimes even he can't do everything. I'm sure she'd want to make sure some other little boy or girl wouldn't have to do without a visit from Santa, etc........

Jillysmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I need the same thing

Quoting beadingmom17:

We've explained it that it costs Santa money to buy the materials the elves use to put toys together. Some of those parts are so expensive that Santa can't spend that much money just on one little girl or boy because it wouldn't be fair to the rest.

We had to discuss this recently when my 6 year old decided she wanted EVERY American Girl Doll they make, lol!
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Tell her that her list is great, but don't expect everything on it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:12 AM
We tell our kids that Santa only brings gifts that he feels are appropriate and sometimes he has to buy the gifts because the elves don't have the tools to make certain items. We tell them that Santa really decides what is the best gift
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:54 AM
My daughter is five months old and I had this talk with my husband the other day. Does Santa bring the expensive gifts, or stocking stuffers? My husband said sticking stuffers. I think that's the way we will go. Seems easier.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:06 AM
I always have told my kids that Santa doesn't bring everything on the list
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)