Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?? Jehovah's Witness

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 62 Replies
I live so far out in the sticks and they came to my door. I am clearly a different religion as my hair is covered at all times except to show ( Russian orthodox old believer) how do I nicely tell them to leave me alone. I have no problem with them at all except that they try to convert me! I do not go to there home. Will they stop if I put up a no trespassing sign? Again nothing against them just don't shove your religion down my throat!
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1frog
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, I have a no soliciting sign on my door and it didn't stop them. I finally told them point blank to stop selling their religion to me. They of course said they weren't selling anything and I told them it sure feels like it because you're trying to ram it down my throat now go away and don't come back. Then I slammed the door. I have since put up a sign on my front door that reads: Bible thumpers: You are not welcome here, go away, we are an atheist household (not true) and proud of it. Although I have seen them in my neighborhood since, they have not come to my door, or yard. I doubt if just a no trespassing sign will stop them. If you know the exact church they came from maybe a call to them asking them to stay away might work, I don't know I've never tried it, just know someone who did and it worked for him. Good Luck

darciegenito
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I can't stand them either.  When I tell them I'm not interested, that means GO AWAY.. don't keep pressuring!

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Your hair is showing in your profile picture.

My friend had luck telling Jehovah's Witnesses at her door that she's a devil worshiper.  They've never returned to her house!

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:07 PM

They always come back... they are persistent no matter what you say.   Either don't answer your door, or politely say "No thank you, I'm not interested" and close your door. 

I did get upset and was rude last Christmas Day, though, when they chose to come to my door when I had a house full of people.  I really couldn't believe they'd be that stupid to go around preaching their crap on Christmas Day of all days....

daydreamer3
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm nice to them the first time I say I'm not interested. After that, I will just shut the door. 

daydreamer3
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM

We had them come to our house one day. I wasn't home when they came. My brother answered the door. They were pushy and persistent. He basically had to tell them to leave and shut the door on them. As he was shutting the door, they were saying they'd come back another time. 

So with that he put up a sign that said this house is evil and the woman that lives here worships the devil, anyone who comes knocking will have their soul eaten by her. I was drying laughing but it worked, they didn't come back. 

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

My friend had luck telling Jehovah's Witnesses at her door that she's a devil worshiper.  They've never returned to her house!

famiglia_bella
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Do they keep coming back?  I'd just tell them not to come back.

anfisasmommy
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Lol I know I was not married yet :) I knew someone would say something it is something you do after marriage.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Thanks for explaining.

Quoting anfisasmommy:

Lol I know I was not married yet :) I knew someone would say something it is something you do after marriage.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM
If it is the same ones every time tell then you will call the cops next time. Or put up a no soliciting sign up
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured