Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

3 yr old w/dry skin, wwy recommend?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 18 Replies
My ds3 has a patch of dry skin around his upper nose and under his eyes. Should I use baby lotion or would that be too oily? What do u suggest?
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bpryce
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I would use coconut oil. Its naturally healing and moisturizing, plus if some happened to get in his eyes it would not hurt. A little bit goes a long way, if you don't use too much then it won't be oily either.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Quoting bpryce:

I would use coconut oil. Its naturally healing and moisturizing, plus if some happened to get in his eyes it would not hurt. A little bit goes a long way, if you don't use too much then it won't be oily either.

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Goats milk soap with pine tar. Not from a store. I buy it from a lady here locally. Her email is skintasticcreations@charter.net. I think her prices are $12 for 3 bars.
N_maricle
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I use coconut oil on myself so I would use that:)
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Try coconut oil or aveeno
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Eucerin cream
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I don't have coconut oil, although it sounds like a good idea. I'd use a glycerin-based cream such as cerave.

izzyb120
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM
My daughter had the same under her eyes. Her pediatrician told me to use hydrocortisone cream...only had to use it once, worked like a charm.
bethgoedeken
by Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Pick some coconut oil up at walmart,my kids get dry skin all over their bodies (we live in Wyoming) I put a spoonful in their bath water and it moisturizes all over.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Nov. 3, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I would suggest washing with dove unscented, and unscented regular lotion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)