Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Just returned after maternity leave, now have to call in.

Posted by   + Show Post

Oct. 28th was my first day back to work. I've been off for 14 weeks for maternity leave. This was also DD's first week of daycare.

Well she got an ear infection Saturday. :/ She's on antibiotics, but still under the weather. I wanted her to home with me tomorrow so she can get back up to speed.

I feel like such a coward. I still have plenty of sick time, but don't know how to break it to my boss that I can't come in tomorrow. It's full of women and 99.9% of them bitch and whine. 

My children come first, plain and simple. Just feel like I'll be criticized. I also don't want the other kids at daycare to catch what she has. 

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Replies (11-13):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I am glad she is doing better and that your boss was so supportive!

Quoting H.Perales:

She's still a little congested, but overall she looks a lot better.

Boss took it well. She says it happens. :)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Is she feeling any better today?  How did your boss take it? 

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I would feel the same way, wanting to do what's best but worry about being judged. Hope she feels better.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Do what's best for your family and don't worry about what others think at your work. 

Ear infections are usually secondary infections that are not contagious.  I'm sure the antibiotics will work quickly and your little one will be all better very soon.  If your daughter is not running a fever you can take her to daycare without worry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)