Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Confront him? I want to so bad!!!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 47 Replies
I was raped about 3 years ago, and I confronted my ex boyfriend (the one who did it) and told him what I think about it and I don't feel just ruined by it anymore (probably because I was in love with him... And can't get over that) now before him I had a guy (my age) force me to give him a handjob and let him touch me (I told him I didn't want to ) wepl guess what. The guy is now in my choir! Yes, In school. I can't just drop the class. What do I do? I want to so bad to confront him. But I'm to scared. But seeing him every day makes me sick. What do I do
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:20 PM

School like highschool? Do you have adults to help you cope with this?

hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I am in high school, sadly. I graduate this year. Adults around me don't know about it, so I don't know what to do exactly. I know one adult who knows about it and that's all. My mom doesn't believe me that I was raped since she said the same thing happened to her when she was little and just because I said no and asked him to stop means nothing. So no I don't have any adults really around who can help. All I have is my boyfriend, who tries to help but doesn't know how.
Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Talk to a school counselor.
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Can you talk to the choir director ?
hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
My school counselor is a bit of a gossiper. And my choir director is a bit judge mental.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would talk to my mom. If you cant talk to anyone at the school aleast talk to you're mom.
chcon
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Is there more than one counselor? Generally even if you are "assigned" one the others have open doors if necessary.

What about your Mom? Or Dad? Awkward though it may be, how about the choral director?

Honestly, without a case being made I'm not sure what can be done about it.

Good luck whatever you decide.
hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I've tried talking to my mom about other things like that and we have a very strained relationship when it comes to being open and being truthful. She doesn't believe a word I say because all she does is lie to me
hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Thank you. My only problem with other counselors is that they're usually forced to report any incidents like that, especially to the parents and other authority figures. I just want to get it off my chance and make it go away. I don't know how to do that but I feel like the only thing I could do to do that is to talk to him. See if he'll apologize.. Idk. I'm a pushover and idk what to do. I have not spoken to him since the incident even though we've been in the same school almost since. That was 4 years ago. Any idea how to talk to him?

Quoting chcon:

Is there more than one counselor? Generally even if you are "assigned" one the others have open doors if necessary.

What about your Mom? Or Dad? Awkward though it may be, how about the choral director?

Honestly, without a case being made I'm not sure what can be done about it.

Good luck whatever you decide.

hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)