Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Colic Baby = Panicked Mommy

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 43 Replies

My sons Pediatrician told me this past Monday that my son is Colic. He cries all night every night. I have tried everything in my knowledge to try and calm him down. Rocking him in a rocking chair. Putting him in his bouncer. Putting him in his swing. Patting him on his back. Singing to him. Swaying back and forth with him. Dancing with him. The list goes on and on. Nothing seems to be helping. He is always fussy. When I asked the doctor what I can do to calm my son down a little, her response was pray and try to take it easy because nothing helps a colic child. I know mothers have sleepless nights at times. I know sometimes as moms you will have times when you only get one or two hours sleep, but in my case, my poor baby never sleeps and hardly ever stops crying. Experienced mommies, please, HELP :'(

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AMCMSM
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:40 PM

My pedi. Suggested I add l.reuteri a probiotic. I EBF my DD and expressed and gave her one bottles a day. We saw really good results. Since colic can be caused by many different things it may or may not help but itcertainly won't hurt. 

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Do you formula feed or BF? I'm wondering if there is something in whichever he is eating that is bothering his tummy. If you are formula feeding, try switching to a different brand or style. If you are BFing, stay away from garlic, onion, caffeine, spice, and I can't remember what else. That's all I got. Prayers for you, momma! It's a season and it will pass.
LilyRuiz213
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:19 PM
I breastfeed and I do stay away from those foods. Thank you for your prayers !!
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Every time he cries
Just nurse him. Comfort
Nursing will
Help him.
Tammi4
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Just comfort him and be patient. He will eventually outgrow it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethBowling
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM
If you are breastfeeding, he may be lactose intolerant. My daughter was and it presented as colic! NO ONE HAD A CLUE! I quit drinking milk and eating dairy and just took supplements and, voila! No more colic!
For immediate relief, turn on your vacuum cleaner and put it beside his crib, bassinet, or carrier! Sounds crazy, but my dd was most comfy in her carrier, and that Electrolux worked like MAGIC!
God be with you, I've been there!
Beth
momof4kids257
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Is the formula/milk the problem? My 4 all were allergic to iron and were on soy. They all had colic and I lived in the recliner. I would put a record on that's all music-non singing... and hum and hug my baby (sometimes you just have to put up with sleeplessness as you well know but the baby can't help how he/she feels. I kept telling myself this to keep my sanity). I would talk  to my little one and make up silly stories about anything my tired brain could think of-every once in a great while the baby would finally sleep and i'd fall asleep next to the crib too tired to find my bed.lol.

Ttcbaby23
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Hun, my baby was the same for about 3 months after she turned 3 weeks, sometimes, grip water would help. But otherwise they just out grow it. Try not to stress, ask someone to watch him while u get some rest. 

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Research Peppermint tea and colic
daydreamer3
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Colic is a blanket term for "we don't know what the hell is wrong" My kids were all "colicky" as babies. I didn't know better with my oldest but with my other two, it was acid reflux. The doctor gave them baby prilosec and they were completely different babies after that. You should look into acid reflux.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN