Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How to find a quality Nanny outside of Nanny agencies and Care.com

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have 3 children ages 5 yrs, 6 months and 2 yrs. Reside in Atlanta, GA. I am interested in finding a quality nanny but have no desire to go through an agency, Care.com or sittercity.com. Can anyone recommend the best way or tool to post my job opportunity.

Any help is appreciated,

Erica

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KME3
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM
bump
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM

How do you think it will happen then?   You should start asking people in your area if they use a nanny or childcare what they suggest?

aidyns_mommy
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Word of mouth?

Why not use care.com or sittercity? Do you just not want to pay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1frog
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, you can hope one would magically come out of the sky like Mary Poppins, sorry for the sarcasm, but they have to come from somewhere. Have you tried the newspaper? Either placing an ad or responding to one, you can always make it clear you have very strict requirements and you check references thoroughly. Word of mouth is always good. If you can, go to the park during the day, if other nannies are there, they may know someone, or parents may have some names for you. It's always a search to find someone you can trust with our little ones, but is so worth it in the end. Happy hunting.

yperez0209
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Word of mouth.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Recommendations from friends and family is another route.  If you don't want to use care.com or sittercity.com, maybe you can talk to the local churches - a friend of mine is a nanny and she was referred to a family from the church. 

In Atlanta, there should be plenty of resources to find a nanny.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Word of mouth is the best way. Ask all your friends to ask their friends. Give as much detail as possible as to what you need. Somebody knows just the right person!

WILDCATGAL78
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Are there any colleges near by? You could always post in their newspapers as well.

moogsmom03
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I would probably place an ad at a local college or church maybe? You could also put an ad in the newspaper but you never know who you'd get with that anyways. Possibly call a church and ask if they might have a retired person looking for a position like that or a college student? That's probably what I would do.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Craigslist. Find a university student
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)