Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What would you do...?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

There has been a little tension between my children and two other children that live down the street. The two other children have been bullying and cursing at my children on the bus. (Please no bashing... I know my children are not innocent!) I contacted the schools involved to see if they would address the bullying issue.

Long story short... today the father of the two children pulled into my driveway, in a company vehicle, and proceeded to curse and yell at me. He called my children liars, said that I was making up lies, and said that I was smoking crack! Before he got back in his company vehicle he turned and said, "You don't know who the f**K you're dealing with!" He got in his vehicle and began to back out of my driveway. I pulled out my cell phone to call my husband and the man rolled down the window of his vehicle and ask if I was callig the police. I told him not at the moment but that considering he had threatened me I would be well within my rights to do so. He asked how he had threatened me and I repeated what he had said! He finally left. What would you do? Would you leave it alone, call the police, call his company because he acted like a fool in their vehicle?

Update: Thank you for the replies and advice! We just bought our house a year ago... moving really isn't an option. We filed a police report. The next time anything happens he will be charged with trespassing. Still debating contacting his company about how he acted while in a company vehicle. 

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britmichele
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm what kind of company? And how big of a deal are you willing to make? I personally would, because I'm an uber bitch ;-)
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I would definitely call the company about their employees threatening people while representing them.   Also call police to find out what you can do to keep whole family safe from that family.

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Wow... Id probably move... Does not sound loke a good neighborhood. Wow... Scary. 

Im non confrontational, and I think people are crazy... And who does that? crazy people... So id probably tell my kids to not even LOOK at those kids and Id lock my doors while searching realtor.com... But thats me. 

I dont mess with crazy.. Its just not safe. 

Bleacheddecay
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I would drive my kids to school and not put them on the bus.

I would also consider moving. Now you know where and how the kids got that attitude.

I would document everything just in case.

v_reid05
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I'm an uber bitch too! ;) 

v_reid05
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I think there are a few "crazies" in every neighborhood. After the dad left the mom came and tried to smooth things over. That's when she told me that she has volunteered in the schools for years and if i thought the school was going to do anything to her children then I was crazy! So, we filed a police report. 

DanaG70
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I would file a police report like you did, I would also contact his employer and let them know that he is threatening people while on company time, I would not take him lightly.

Last thing I would do is to start driving my kids to school, if that wasn't possible, I would pay somebody gas money to do it, there is no way I'd put my kids back on the bus. I would also let the school know what she said.

You now know why their kids act the way the do.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Wow, sorry you are dealing with this.  I think you did a good thing filing the report.  As for contacting his company I wouldn't do that but that is just me. 

slapdashmom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Call the company and complain, first of all.

Second of all, if he comes back, call 911 immediately.

kgalvano
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM
I would have called the company along with the police.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN