Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do you?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

I just took over paying all of the bills and keep track of that kind of thing... I have been organizing them in excel, but I just dont know if I really like how its set up. I want it to be clear and have all the information and be easy to update when I pay something...

How do you organize your bills? Does anyone pay all of their monthly bills on one day just so they remember everything that month, even if its not due for a few weeks?

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:31 PM

We have a spreadsheet through microsoft office.  My guy takes care of the budget down to the penny we know how much we have and when something is paid.

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:32 PM

i use excel

Annie_21
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM

My husband does all of that, but he pays all the bills right after pay day, that way he knows how much money we have left over for miscellaneous stuff

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a "desk calendar" I use to pay the bills. I put local bills on it to be paid four days before due, and things that are not local I send 7 days before due.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I have an Excel spreadsheet.  It has the bill name, the date it is due and the date it is paid.  DH gets paid once every two weeks so on payday I go through and pay every bill that will be due before the next payday so they are all done and I don't have to worry about forgetting one or running out of money.

1frog
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I keep it very simple, I have an old napkin holder on  my  desk. I write pay by date on the envelope, allowing for the mail to process, and keep them in that date order. I try to pay most things on pay day, but a few fall so I can't and I just have to know what they are and budget that way. I can pull up the bank account online and know what's in it and what's pending, by that, and what's in my checkbook register I use religiously. Utilities and the car insurance I have set up to come out automatically. When I tried spreadsheets it just made it more complicated for me, and was one more thing I had to do and keep track of. I didn't like it at all. I guess I'm just old fashioned.

CorpCityGrl
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM

You can use excel or if you want something that is more automatic, you can try Mint.com. 

monkeymom1104
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:44 AM
I prefer hanging them on the fridge, they are seperated by dates, I usually write them out twice a month. Excel and everything is nice but I just prefer to write, stamp and send.
tcallisto
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I am not organized at all.  My husband gets paid on the 10th and 25th.  I have the mortgage paid at one pay day, the 2 other large bills paid on the other pay day.  All the others that come in, I pay as I get them.  Otherwise I will forget.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:28 AM

I have a lot of them on auto-pay so that makes them simple. Then the others I just save up and pay on-line mostly, when hubby gets paid, he is only paid once a month. I use my pay for all our food and walking around money. I have savings deducted automatically for all our big unexpected stuff that happens so often!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)