Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick n tired of sick daddy

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
We have been passing a virus around our home for the pass week. First it was my seven year old daughter. Which I had her in her bedroom till she felt better unless she had to use bathroom. I lysoled and cleaned every inch of bathroom. Then my two year old got sick and threw up all over me the next day. (which wasn't very fun taking a bath in throw up) I cleaned every inch where he threw up and plus the bathroom again. Then the next day I got sick. I stayed in my bed all day till the next morning. Which the day I was sick my husband also was starting to feel sick. Well yesterday I felt better and my husband stayed home. Well he claimed he didn't feel good and I told him several times to go to bed and stay till he felt better but he didn't listen. He sat on couch, got on computer, made him drink and got stuff to eat (what little he did eat). Today both me and our two year old are starting to feel bad again. Even though I feel bad I cleaned both bathrooms and getting all linens clean. When will my break finally arrive. It's cold outside so I can't air my house. Any suggestions are welcome...... Myself and kids keep our hands washed all the time. How do I get hubby to listen and just stay in one room and stop contaminating us? I believe that's why we feel bad again.
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

How cold is it outside?  Unless is it 20 below zero, open the windows for about 5-10 minutes to air out.

Rota
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM

You don't say what kind of virus is going around- stomach with nausea and vomiting; respiratory with coughs and sneezes.

People think that just by washing their hands they will prevent the virus from spreading. Wrong. You can touch something that is contaminated with the virus all day long but unless you put your hands to your mouth or nose, you will not get the virus in you. Most viruses are spread through the air via sneezes and coughs. No body should be using lysol as it is a very toxic product that harms the respiratory system. Trying to make your house germ free does not prevent illnesses. I know this is not what most people believe and not what is spread on commercials or news. As a nurse, I am in contact with lots of sick people all the time. I don't get sick because I have learned how to build up my immune system and I keep my hands off my face. I do not bleach, lysol, or degerm anything in my home. At the hospital, we use a degerming solution between patients but my personal opinion is that it is not very effective.

Femommy
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Stomach with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. No coughing, fevers, or sneezing. I try and keep hands washed and tell the kids not to put hands in mouth but that's like telling them they can't play with their toys. Near like impossible....

Quoting Rota:

You don't say what kind of virus is going around- stomach with nausea and vomiting; respiratory with coughs and sneezes.

People think that just by washing their hands they will prevent the virus from spreading. Wrong. You can touch something that is contaminated with the virus all day long but unless you put your hands to your mouth or nose, you will not get the virus in you. Most viruses are spread through the air via sneezes and coughs. No body should be using lysol as it is a very toxic product that harms the respiratory system. Trying to make your house germ free does not prevent illnesses. I know this is not what most people believe and not what is spread on commercials or news. As a nurse, I am in contact with lots of sick people all the time. I don't get sick because I have learned how to build up my immune system and I keep my hands off my face. I do not bleach, lysol, or degerm anything in my home. At the hospital, we use a degerming solution between patients but my personal opinion is that it is not very effective.

Rota
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Yes, those stomach viruses are very contagious and as you learned, depsite your best efforts with lysol etc, it still spreads. Your best defense is boosting everyone's immune system. You do that by decreasing sugar ( in all its thousands of forms), eating fruits and vegetables, taking top quality supplements ( no gummy bear, flinstones , drug store, walmart brand), take a top quality probiotic or eat kefir, sauerkraut, good yogurt ( not Dannon etc) and see what happens.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Its going around. One school here closed and the whole school was cleaned. Everyone cleaning had masks and gloves on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured