Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Scared of SIDS and want my baby to sleep on his Crib??

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
  • 24 Replies

How can I get my 3 month old to sleep on his crib? I have tried but he does not and end up going to bed with me. I am scared because of SIDS and I do NOT sleep the whole night because I am scared of this. What can  I do so my baby can sleep and on his crib. Do you think is too late to put him on his crib

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greywitchoregon
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

his risk has gone done a lot for starters, and two put him in his crib.. by now he can roll over and should be fine. 

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM
*In
schatzi869
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Put him in the crib. No pillow, toys, or bumper. If it's chilly, put him in warm pajamas. There are wedges you can buy, and even monitors that will go off if he doesn't move.
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Try side carring your crib. You can take off the side of the crib that goes up & down, push the crib against your bed so the mattresses are level. That way he's sleeping right next to you but not in bed with you. It's ok to co-sleep too. When it's done safely it can prevent SIDS. Google safe co-sleeping & you can look on You Tube on how to side car your crib.

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

This.  If he cries, go and check on him periodically (like every 15 minutes to make sure he is okay), but do not pick him up.

Quoting schatzi869:

Put him in the crib. No pillow, toys, or bumper. If it's chilly, put him in warm pajamas. There are wedges you can buy, and even monitors that will go off if he doesn't move.

For book reviews, frugal tips, environmental hints, and more!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

CO sleeping safely can prevent sids. He wants to be near you and that is perfectly okay. We co sleep for 6 months and then they sleep in their bassinets. No crying involved.  

Please don't follow the advice of letting him cry for 15 minutes and not picking him up.  A lot of research shows that is not good for babies.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

3 months is way too young for CIO.  In fact, cry it out is no longer recommended because of the negative effects on babies.  

Quoting anotherandree:

This.  If he cries, go and check on him periodically (like every 15 minutes to make sure he is okay), but do not pick him up.

Quoting schatzi869:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM
3 moms liked this

If you think that I am giving bad advice, please stop giving DANGEROUS advice.

The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development advises AGAINST co-sleeping.  Link

The CDC advises AGAINST co-sleeping.  Link

Current news article with statistics showing INCREASE in SIDS.  Link

I hope that someone on here does not lose their child because they read, "I did it and my baby was fine."

CIO does not lead to DEATH.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

CO sleeping safely can prevent sids. He wants to be near you and that is perfectly okay. We co sleep for 6 months and then they sleep in their bassinets. No crying involved.  

Please don't follow the advice of letting him cry for 15 minutes and not picking him up.  A lot of research shows that is not good for babies.

nada2000
by Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

If you insist on getting the baby to sleep in his crib then you can try putting the baby in there for naps so that the baby can get used to it. You can also get the little baby bed that goes in your bed. That way you want roll over the baby

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I said safely. There are numerous ways to co sleep safely. In fact, more babies die in cribs than co sleeping safely with their parents.
SIDS is when there is no explaination for baby's death. That means baby just stop breathing. SIDS is not caused by co sleeping.

Quoting anotherandree:

If you think that I am giving bad advice, please stop giving DANGEROUS advice.

The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development advises AGAINST co-sleeping.  Link

The CDC advises AGAINST co-sleeping.  Link

Current news article with statistics showing INCREASE in SIDS.  Link

I hope that someone on here does not lose their child because they read, "I did it and my baby was fine."

CIO does not lead to DEATH.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)