Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating advice

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 years and we have been having the conversations of my 3 year old stayin with her dad after he graduates college in may. He says that he thinks its a good idea not only so she can have a better relationship with her dad but also because he wants to be able to spend more time with or as he put he wouldnt have to share me. The main thing is i told him tonight my daughter will always come first and his response was how can we have a healthy relationship if it NEVER comes first. I am haveing extreme mixed feelings about this. Anyone been in this situation? Any advice?

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Sunshine257
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 4:10 AM
Oh wow! No no no I would run for the hills. My child would always come before someone I was dating. I might be different though because if my son didn't like who I was dating I would break up with them too. I would rather live single until my son is full grown than deal with jealousy issues from someone in my relationship. My step mom was the jealous type. She played mind games and even abused me behind my day's back. She would be all smiles and pretend everything was ok when he was around. I am married to my son's father but if I were ever in your situation I would put my son first I might not even be in a serious relationship or bring my bf around my son. After what happened to me I would be very cautious.
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Yeah any man who insists that he comes before your children is not a man worthy of your affection.

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I would start re-evaluating that relationship.

It's important for you to have alone time but he shouldn't come before your child. Now if you were with her dad-that's a different story, IMO.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Id ditch him. While YES living with dad for a bit is good for dd. Your bf is very selfish and childish. It sounds like he expects her there until she graduates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolina_gal
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Too many great guys in the world. Move on.

Quoting tisha11504:

I have been with my boyfriend for about 2 years and we have been having the conversations of my 3 year old stayin with her dad after he graduates college in may. He says that he thinks its a good idea not only so she can have a better relationship with her dad but also because he wants to be able to spend more time with or as he put he wouldnt have to share me. The main thing is i told him tonight my daughter will always come first and his response was how can we have a healthy relationship if it NEVER comes first. I am haveing extreme mixed feelings about this. Anyone been in this situation? Any advice?

a_and_j_momma
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I think alone time is important along with building a relationship with her dad, but no man should expect to be first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured