Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How Do You Encourage Your Child to Play Independently?

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 38 Replies

Do your kids spend their playtime building things? What types of toys do they have that encourage building,creativity and independent play?

Every kid loves to play, but can us moms do more to make sure our kids get the most out of playtime? Find out more here!

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

We still have her mega bloks as well as different playsets involving her favorite characters.  She has become interested in reusable stickers now that Melissa and doug brand has.  She can create at least 5 different scenes at a time and switch them around as needed.

katiebug840204
Its almost 2015!
Today at 3:48 PM
by Katie on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I haven't ever had to. All 3 of my kids played very well independently from the beginning.
artandlearning
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Encourage our child to play independently is good for child growth and fitness.i think we hav to taken care of child very much we gave the toys which creates a googwill in his mind and he grasp something throught this toy.i owned a art and learnint threatre in which there are lots of chilren who came for learning art,music.they all are very innocent espicially the childen nursery to 5th std,i always encourage all the childs daily that gives a boost for their future.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine always did.  Leave them alone to play. 

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:05 PM
We don't encourage. Alone play us expected,even as young as 6mo. They had alone play. I was close by. But I was not involved in.play
KellyFlavis
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I did not have this kind of problem at all. Both my kids loved to play independently from the beginning.  Mostly with building blocks, puzzles and the like. Also sing-along books were a great favorite alongwith read-along books.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I have never had to encourage it. I just say to go play. I think it is pretty instinctive that if someone doesn't want to play, you play by yourself.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Encouage it:)

Quoting katiebug840204:

I haven't ever had to. All 3 of my kids played very well independently from the beginning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Sounds fun

Quoting frndlyfn:

We still have her mega bloks as well as different playsets involving her favorite characters.  She has become interested in reusable stickers now that Melissa and doug brand has.  She can create at least 5 different scenes at a time and switch them around as needed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

It is not something we encouraged. IF it happens...awesome!  If not...we all play together.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)