Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Becoming a Better Person, for a Better Future :)

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hey ,

I do not know if I am doing something wrong or what not. I am a fulltime, wife, mom, housekeeper, and student. I will be graduating next year in may, but I feel that everything I am doing is wrong. 

First, since my baby was born, I been in school. He was born a week before i went back and its so hard becuase I feel that I do not have time to play and read to him. I sometimes think that because of school he does not get enough of me. I would want to spend the whole day with him but its impossible if I want to graduate as a Social Worker. Then the housework, wife been ready for all of this. I feel that I am not a good mother. 

Is it bad that I want to  become a better person? I want to give what i did not have as a child to my children. Are there any moms that are going to school. Can I get some advice?

juggling

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM

It can definitely be hard to balance it all.  I would start writing down a to-do list for each day the night before.  Include what you really need to get done that day.  It will help keep you organized and as you check it off throughout the day it will help you feel accomplished.  As for school and not being with the baby that is hard,  Just keep reminding yourself that it is for the best for your child.  Maybe even glue a picture of the baby to your notebooks or have a picture at your desk so that when you start to feel frustrated you can remember why you are doing it.  Good luck.

muffmom
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Hey lady, slow down. One day at a time. I commend you for holding it down like you are doing. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and the stress you are feeling is making you second guess yourself. But remember this too shall pass. You're graduating in May right? That's right around the corner. There are many moms who put school on hold and made plans to finish later but never did. I recommend you keep going until the finish line. You are so close. Have you spoken to your husband about pitching in with the housework while you study? He should be happy to support his wife especially if she's working to better herself. Also just think, once you finish school and get your degree, you will have more time to spend with your son. Its downhill from here, hang on and keep going.
jessalvarado10
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Thanks ladies

Quoting muffmom:

Hey lady, slow down. One day at a time. I commend you for holding it down like you are doing. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and the stress you are feeling is making you second guess yourself. But remember this too shall pass. You're graduating in May right? That's right around the corner. There are many moms who put school on hold and made plans to finish later but never did. I recommend you keep going until the finish line. You are so close. Have you spoken to your husband about pitching in with the housework while you study? He should be happy to support his wife especially if she's working to better herself. Also just think, once you finish school and get your degree, you will have more time to spend with your son. Its downhill from here, hang on and keep going.

jessalvarado10
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

thanks 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

It can definitely be hard to balance it all.  I would start writing down a to-do list for each day the night before.  Include what you really need to get done that day.  It will help keep you organized and as you check it off throughout the day it will help you feel accomplished.  As for school and not being with the baby that is hard,  Just keep reminding yourself that it is for the best for your child.  Maybe even glue a picture of the baby to your notebooks or have a picture at your desk so that when you start to feel frustrated you can remember why you are doing it.  Good luck.

HopeAlive
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You definitely are a busy lady! ...And it sounds like you're busy with some very good things ~ being a wife, mommy, and student all at the same time is a big deal, and you should be proud of yourself for the responsibility that you carry.

I understand your desire to become a better person...I often feel that way too. I also know, though, that sometimes I don't give myself enough grace and don't recognize the things that I'm doing well at. What are some things that you're doing as a wife, mama, and student that you're proud of? :)

jessalvarado10
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for your kind words. Well am proud that I will finally graduate and that I went to school during and after pregnancy. As a wife I am proud that I am keeping my word and keeping my family as much as happy as possible. In addition as a mom, I am proud that I could be there for my child everyday, and that I could give him an essential part of life breastfeed. 

Some times I think I am not doing enough, However, you made me realize that I am doing A whole lot, and am still keeping up with everything I do. Thank once again.

Quoting HopeAlive:

You definitely are a busy lady! ...And it sounds like you're busy with some very good things ~ being a wife, mommy, and student all at the same time is a big deal, and you should be proud of yourself for the responsibility that you carry.

I understand your desire to become a better person...I often feel that way too. I also know, though, that sometimes I don't give myself enough grace and don't recognize the things that I'm doing well at. What are some things that you're doing as a wife, mama, and student that you're proud of? :)

HopeAlive
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Yes! Way to go, mom... And those are totally things to be proud of. Your DH and child are definitely blessed to have you in their lives!  There are not many like you ~ Keep up the good work. :)

Quoting jessalvarado10:

Thanks for your kind words. Well am proud that I will finally graduate and that I went to school during and after pregnancy. As a wife I am proud that I am keeping my word and keeping my family as much as happy as possible. In addition as a mom, I am proud that I could be there for my child everyday, and that I could give him an essential part of life breastfeed. 

Some times I think I am not doing enough, However, you made me realize that I am doing A whole lot, and am still keeping up with everything I do. Thank once again.

Quoting HopeAlive:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)