Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I may have spoiled my LO, how do I fix it???

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

My DS is 9 mo and while he's been sleeping through the night since he was 2 mo with no help from us excpet a bottle, naps are another story. I still rock him to sleep for those, it literally only takes a few min and because it's always been so easy I never really thought about future needs of him getting himself to sleep. We go in turn on his music, give him his pacifier (the only time he gets one anymore, not even at night) and rock. I've been trying that routine but putting him down before he's completely out but as soon as he's on the mattress he is wide awake and will stand up and want to play. I've left the room and left him in there but 45 min later he was still awake, had been crying for about 10 min and was ready for his next feeding early. Do I just keep doing that or are there other tricks/tips I can try?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
britmichele
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Bump
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:40 PM

IF it works...continue. I still nurse my 11 month old to sleep most nights.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anita1981
by Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM

We did whatever worked.  My son didn't consistently sleep through the night until he was about 14 months old, but it's wonderful now!  I think our babysitter was able to leave him at naptime longer than I was, and it ended up helping us out.  He still gets a cup of milk at nap and bedtime. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured