Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

am i lazy?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 20 Replies

my mother has been saying i am lazy. only because i dont have the time or patience to make my son's dinner plate look like a tree or a rainbow  or to do half this crap pintrest moms do. i feel like its a was of effort to make his plate look hella fance when he a) doesnt eat most of it. b) half of it will end up in his lap. and usually around dinner time i am feeding my 5 month old food or a bottle and if im not focused mostly on the baby ww3 brakes out in the dining room. 

so the question is, does this make me a lazy mom bc i dont make my childs meals/snacks  look like pictures on his plates?

LUCIAN AND DIMITRIS MOMMY <3

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just ignore your mom.  Just a petty thing to worry about honestly in regards to children.  She should look at whether or not you're taking care of your children properly, spending quality time with them, what you're feeding them,etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

To me it doesn't matter how it looks, as long as it is a well balanced and healthy meal.  I would just ignore her.

-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Sorry but in my honest opinion...I think your mom is weird.  Its food, not art class.

iHEARTmyBABYboy
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you! thats what i tried to tell her! i mean dont we try and teach our children to not play with their food??? and isnt putting it into pictures playing with it??

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM

hahaha omg, i guess i would be a lazy mom too, cuz there is no way in hell that i'm wasting my time to make food into designs! soooooo not gonna happen!!

alc4evermom
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I've never done that or thought about it.  I guess I am one of those "don't play with your food" kind of moms lol

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:24 AM
A five month old shouldn't be eating food and dinner should not look like a picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I think she was talking about her older son. She says in her post that this is while she is trying to feed her 5 month old a bottle.

Quoting polkaspots:

A five month old shouldn't be eating food and dinner should not look like a picture.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:08 AM

No, I wouldn't say that makes you lazy. Did your mom make your dinner plates fancy?

sara170
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Yes, what she said, lol
Quoting -PB:

Sorry but in my honest opinion...I think your mom is weird.  Its food, not art class.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN