Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping in his crib

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 11 Replies
Hey ladies... My LO is 3 months and he has slept beside me every night since I brought him home from the hospital. I'm ready for him to start sleeping in his crib, but he wakes up every time I put him in it after he falls asleep and I can't get him to go back to sleep unless I take him out and hold him again. Will he get better at sleeping in it as he gets older or is there something I can do to help him now? If any of you have any suggestions I would love to hear them :)
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ekh2010
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Yes he will. Hes little:) i coslept. A lot of ladies sidecar the crib but mine is huge and attached to a dresser. I swaddled him if i had to lay him down amd also he is a tummy sleeper. I was and smtimes still am paranoid bout sids but it was the only way hed sleep w o me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ekh2010
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM
I didnt swaddle and tummy at the same time... Either or he liked to swaddle and be on his side. And bedtime routine maybe lay your blanket in his crib so he can stikl smell you. We are their safety and security
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SkullyDevour
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I coslept too and my baby started to do the same thing when we wanted him to start sleeping in his own crib. He'd almost always wake up when we put him down. What I started doing at first is putting him in there only when he was super sleepy and then I'd rub his back while he laid in the crib if he started to stir at least until he floated back to sleep.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
He will get better at it. Start waiting about ten to fifteen minutes after he falls asleep and then put him down. I started that around two months with ds when he started sleeping more than an hour or so at a time at night. I always brought him back in with me when he woke back up, but it didn't happen often. Now at 21 months he just recently stopped fully waking up in the middle of the night. He kind of just fusses around for a minute adjusting himself and goes right back to sleep. But the way we did it was he went to bed in his bed and came in with me when he woke up to nurse. We night weaned him a few months ago, and now he usually doesn't wake up at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM

It will get better as he gets older. He spent 9 months in a tight, confined space and learned to be close to you during that time.

It was really hard for me to understand that with our second. Our first stayed in his crib from day one, our second, not so much, lol.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Keep trying. Do naps first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iHEARTmyBABYboy
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 5:35 PM

i'll sleep with one of my sons blankets for about a week and then i will tuck the blanket  over his sheet and lay him on it before hes fully asleep and rub his back til he sleeps. or for a while whatever shirt i would wear that day i would have to swaddle him in before he went to bed, thankfully he got over that for the most part only happend on bad days

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

He will when he is ready.  We attempted at 5 months and it did not work. We tried again at 6 months and it worked!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

hip2it
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I moved dd at 7 months and she had a hard time transitioning. I had a too big bathrobe so I'd wear it and then wrap it around her mattress like a sheet so she could still smell me. That helped a lot.
princessputter
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

the funny thing about co sleeping............. you all rave about it... but decide when you`re done...o.o

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured