Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED HELP

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

I DNT HAVE AN CREDIT AND I WANNA START BEING ON MY OWN AND ITS HARD WHERE I LIVE TO GET A PLACE WHEN U HAVE NO CREDIT HISTORY OR GET PHONE OR ANYTHING. ANYONE KNW OF A WAY I CAN BUILD MINE UP EVERYONE SAY APPLY FOR CREDIT CARDS BUT WHICH ONE IS THE RIGHT ONE FOR ME :/

by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Have you actually looked up your credit report to see whether you actually have no history? You can get a free copy from annualcreditreport.com and check it out. If you find you still have nothing, you have a few options:

1. Get a credit card through the bank where you have your checking account. This is different, of course, than the debit card with a credit company logo on it that the bank usually supplies with your checking account.

2. Get a store credit card, like at Target, JCPenney's, etc.

3. Take advantage of a store's "same as cash" offer, like a furniture store's "90 days same as cash" since this is essentially a loan.

4. Buy a car from a dealership that offers financing whether you have good, bad, or no credit.

In all cases, make sure you pay your bills on time every month. Then you'll slowly establish a good credit history.

lilhandswonder0
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Nassa,
Adding to what bamababe1975 said.
You can also put a utility bill (electricity, water, Internet/cable) under your name and they also report to credit. Make payments on time and that goes in your favor. Or take a look at the link below and see if any of those credit cards would work for you. Keep in mind that at first your interest rates will be high and it's only because your barely starting. There's nothing out there that lets them know who you are. If you do end up on getting a credit card always try to pay a bit more than the minimum but don't pay it off This will keep your credit revolving and they'll increase your credit limit if they see you're always paying on time.
http://www.credit.com/credit-cards/no-credit/#!
Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured