Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

is there a way to figure out why someone is in prision?

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:19 AM
  • 8 Replies

the only thing I know about my husbands stepdad is that he is in prision and he was an asshole. Zach didn't talk about him much. when I would ask about him Zach would quickly change the subject and it was basically implied not to talk about him in front of Sam (his brother who came to live with us a year ago, who is 14 now). Zach passed away last april, and I'm obviously worried about bringing it up with Sam.

I know you can see whose in the county jail online.. so I'm wondering if theres a way to do this with prisions?

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Call your courthouse and find out how to get that information.   Has Sam asked about his dad or is this just you wanting to know for your own mind?

AllyB_
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Sam knows why he was arrested, he was living with him then. I'm curious to know. I'm wondering if whatever was going on with that man is why Sam has behavoiral issues. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

Call your courthouse and find out how to get that information.   Has Sam asked about his dad or is this just you wanting to know for your own mind?

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM

local repository, its public information, or your local inmate search, that information is suppose to be publin and is suppose to be accessable online, if you can't find it, call the courthouse.

KCartair
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM

GOOGLE!!!! you can google they first & last name & if it made the newspapers or the news they will have the story

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Should be public knowledge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I second Google.
In my state (michigan) you can Google offender tracking information system. (OTIS) and it will tell you what prison they're in,why they are there and expected release date. Along with their picture and other info.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer3
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I would google it. It should bring up his arrest info.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM

google your state with the following "inmate search"

it will pull up arrest date, charges, and release date. along with an arrest photo. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN