Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Your Bad Attitude Is Going to Crush Your Kid's Dream Unless You Change It Now

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 0 Replies

Your Bad Attitude Is Going to Crush Your Kid's Dream Unless You Change It Now

by Ericka Sóuter

childrenThese days, it seems like the world is going to hell in a hand basket. War, terrorist attacks, unimaginable crimes against children -- the horrific stories are endless. It's no wonder so many parents believe things are only getting worse when asked about the future. But something startling happened when children were asked the very same thing. Their answers shocked everyone -- most of all their parents.

In this social experiment, adults were asked: how do they imagine the future of the world? To call the responses sad and deeply disturbing would be an understatement.

Wow. Just wow. This is such a profoundly powerful lesson, don't you think? Where we see horror and hopelessness, children see a bright future. And really, isn't that how we want them to think about what lies ahead? I would never want my child to think things will only get worse or that the planet has already been destroyed beyond repair -- even if I did feel that way.

It is easy for us parents to be pessimistic and negative these days. But thank goodness it hasn’t rubbed off on our kids. It’s almost a bit shameful how we parents sometimes think. This is an important reminder that we have to be positive for them and make sure they never lose their dreams. We have to keep hope alive not just for ourselves, but for them and the children that come after them. Giving up on our world is like giving up on them.

How do you imagine the future of this world?

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)