Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Elf on a shelf

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 118 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do you do elf on a shelf with your kids? I saw my first one of the season posted today from somebody. I think most people start after Thanksgiving. So, do you do this and if so when will yours come out this year?
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess4907
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Yup Bella will fly to our house thanksgiving night and dd will find her the next morning
anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Yep, and we started last year.  Ours will "arrive" right the morning after Thanksgiving!

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Ours in named Bobby!

Quoting Jess4907:

Yup Bella will fly to our house thanksgiving night and dd will find her the next morning

Firenygirl180
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I thought about it, but we won't be doing it. Santa only fills the stocking anyway and that's accessories to go with the big gifts
Jess4907
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Ds is only 5 months but i plan to go ahead and buy one and put it up till hes able to name his that way him and dd will have their own elfs
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM

We do not do it at all but we love looking at pictures of every one else who does it.   Someone posted on a different blog 25 things their elf did and my dd was on floor laughing at the antics.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
That is when ours will come too. I love the name Bella!
Quoting Jess4907:

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
We started last year too. We started about midway between Christmas and Thanksgiving last year so I am looking forward to starting on time this year.
Quoting anotherandree:

Yep, and we started last year.  Ours will "arrive" right the morning after Thanksgiving!

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM
So is it that Santa does the stockings and mommy and daddy do all the gifts under the tree?
Quoting Firenygirl180:

I thought about it, but we won't be doing it. Santa only fills the stocking anyway and that's accessories to go with the big gifts
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Nov. 19, 2013 at 11:20 PM

That is a neat idea to have one for each kid.  Mine just share one.  How old is your DD?

Quoting Jess4907:

Ds is only 5 months but i plan to go ahead and buy one and put it up till hes able to name his that way him and dd will have their own elfs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)