Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online college

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
  • 10 Replies

Where can I find a good online college?

by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it really depends on what you want to study 

jojo_star
by Jojo on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:11 AM

That depends on what you want to study. 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Depending on what you want to study, there are many options available. I believe educationconnection.com has a compilation of online colleges all in one place so you can see what's out there. :)

-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

The problem with colleges that are not brick and mortar colleges is that they tend to be more expensive.  In this day in age most community colleges offer at least 90% of their classes online and that is the smarter option because not only are they cheaper they are accredited so you can transfer your credits to 4 year universities for higher degrees.  Even 4 year universities offer most of their classes online to accommodate persons with disabilities, people in the service who are living overseas, and people who are just plain busy.  They even have online or proctored testing so you can take tests from out of state or overseas.  Typically the only classes that are not offered online are things that need hands on training like automotive or some nursing classes.  If you are majoring in something business administration or accounting all of those classes can be taken online via local community college or university.

I have attended 2 community colleges (I moved) and now I am at a 4 year college btw.  I have taken most of my classes online.  The only time I take in person classes is when I am taking a more difficult class (like calculus) and I need more in-person learning.

Try looking into a local community college.  You'll be surprised how much is online at brick and mortar community colleges and the price difference from only online colleges.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I am going to Harrison.  It depends on what you are looking for.  What are your needs and area of interest?

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Just make sure the program you want to study is credited.  If it is not, employers will not hire you.

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I go to ashworth college and I have really liked it. I've almost completed my associates degree through it all while taking care if my daughter and being pregnant.
Sweet_tt83
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I wanna major in human services

Quoting MagicMonkey:

I think it really depends on what you want to study 

Sweet_tt83
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Thanks a lot this is good information.

katiebug840204
by Katie on Nov. 23, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Yes! Online colleges are a TON more expensive. I looked into Keiser University, one semester was going to cost me around $8K. One semester at the tech college I went to was $1700.

Quoting -PB:

The problem with colleges that are not brick and mortar colleges is that they tend to be more expensive.  In this day in age most community colleges offer at least 90% of their classes online and that is the smarter option because not only are they cheaper they are accredited so you can transfer your credits to 4 year universities for higher degrees.  Even 4 year universities offer most of their classes online to accommodate persons with disabilities, people in the service who are living overseas, and people who are just plain busy.  They even have online or proctored testing so you can take tests from out of state or overseas.  Typically the only classes that are not offered online are things that need hands on training like automotive or some nursing classes.  If you are majoring in something business administration or accounting all of those classes can be taken online via local community college or university.

I have attended 2 community colleges (I moved) and now I am at a 4 year college btw.  I have taken most of my classes online.  The only time I take in person classes is when I am taking a more difficult class (like calculus) and I need more in-person learning.

Try looking into a local community college.  You'll be surprised how much is online at brick and mortar community colleges and the price difference from only online colleges.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured