Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should this reacher be fired? I don't think so.

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 55 Replies
A teacher in my state(NC) was teaching a geography lesson to 2nd graders. They were learning the continents. When the teacher asked where the North Pole was one boy piped up "that is where Santa Claus lives". The teacher then told them that Santa was a fictional character and not real. Of ocurse, some parents got mad. She got fired for telling the truth!!! But some parents get mad over anything AND everything.
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM
7 moms liked this
I wouldn't say fire her, but what a bish for ruining it for all those kids. As a parent I would be pissed.
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I am also a parent and i might be a little upset. Then I would explain it to my daughter. Of course now she is 15 and knows about Santa! LOL. From about ages 7-10 years old they stop believing-but still believe just for fun.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

She shouldn't have told the kids that there wasn't a Santa Clause, but no, I don't think she should have been fired for it.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this
He should not be fired but that teacher should have never said that. This is not one of those getting mad over everything. Adults especially teachers should know better than to ruin the magic of Christmas for some kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Wow. Why would someone even think that was a good idea.  Dumb on their part imo.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Quoting -PB:

Wow. Why would someone even think that was a good idea.  Dumb on their part imo.

I agree

stormy0142
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Not his place...he should have kept his mouth shut. Obviously he doesn't have common sense to teach small children. I don't care if it was the truth or not but it's not his place to ruin it for those who still believed.
macbudsmom
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow I hate when teachers interject their personal issues into the classroom. If she was that ignorant to think that was ok to say to her class of 2nd graders, then yes she should be fired. She is simply too ignorant to lead a classroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup

Quoting macbudsmom:

Wow I hate when teachers interject their personal issues into the classroom. If she was that ignorant to think that was ok to say to her class of 2nd graders, then yes she should be fired. She is simply too ignorant to lead a classroom.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
That's so mean!!! I was totally a Santa believer when I was seven.
Idk if she technically did anything worthy of losing her job, but I'd totally want to throw an egg at her car or something though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN