Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

am I a bad mom

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM
  • 20 Replies

Mobile Photo

Am I a bad mother for not letting my son see his father much lately wand be over protective when I was pregnant and gave birth and until my son almost turnes 2 I was mommy and daddy til my sons father finally came along but he came along after doing a dna test I made him do but ever since he never spends time with his own son he expects me to pick him up and drop my son off his sister calls me a bad mother because I wont let him go to mexico and I wont let him go holidays or drop him off and pick him up ive let them always have him holidays and for a week 2 weeks or a month and they say I dont do anything and when my sons father was in a coma I took my son to see them to cheer them up and even though I cant stand my sons dad I stayed in the hospital so his family could get sleep yet im a bad mom for trying to do things but yet im tired of being the bad guy when all I do was want my son to be happy but id rather not keep dropping him off and picking him up all the time or when my.sons sick all they do is buy over the counter meds when they had his insurance to take him to the doctor and he comes home worse
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flaquitabss
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM
4 moms liked this

No.  You are doing your job.  Sometimes, moms have to protect their kids over their own fathers.  Sad but true.  

zadesmama2010
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Just hard im a stay at home mom and I get to spend time with him and he ask for his dad but hard to tell him things but one day it will get easier I guess

Quoting flaquitabss:

No.  You are doing your job.  Sometimes, moms have to protect their kids over their own fathers.  Sad but true.  

flaquitabss
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Just answer general questions.   His questions will get harder with time, but he should know since the beginning that his father not being in his life is not his fault.

Quoting zadesmama2010:

Just hard im a stay at home mom and I get to spend time with him and he ask for his dad but hard to tell him things but one day it will get easier I guess

Quoting flaquitabss:

funhappymom
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I'm sorry for what you are going through. I don't have any experience with any of this.

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

zadesmama2010
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:50 AM
And since my truck is breaking down my sons father tells me I need to find a ride if he really wanted to see his son wouldnt he come get him no matter how far he is
srm8824
by Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM

You are not being spiteful, you are doing what you think is best and that is what being a mother is about. There is a reason you feel the way you do. You are not a bad mom.

zadesmama2010
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Anyone know how to go after full custody
eSamsMama
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 4:10 PM
3 moms liked this

Punctuation.

zadesmama2010
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Seriously wow who cares

Quoting eSamsMama:

Punctuation.

eSamsMama
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Uh, would I have said anything if I didn't?

Quoting zadesmama2010:

Seriously wow who cares

Quoting eSamsMama:

Punctuation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN