Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Just when I give up on humanity, I saw god today

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this
In the last hour I have been shown my oops mommy made me see an angel in disguise. I was let known there are still good people in the world when tonight I stood at the walmart register a few dollars short after rushing up there to get diapers (I could have sworn I had just a little more!!) and completely embarrassed and in 100% 'what do I do now?' Mode I stood there looking at the few dollars I had and was thinking I better either call my mom or get a smaller pack, either way I need them asap. When a woman I had just previously smiled at while running to the diaper aisle walked up and asked how much I need. I couldn't say anything except no it's okay and she looked at the man at the register and asked how much I need. He said the amount for the diapers, and she handed me the money and said happy holidays. Thank you for the people who do things like this, it just reminds me how valuable life is and how one person can make such a big difference. I challenge you all to do one thing at least this thanksgiving break, to give to someone, and simply ask them to give to someone else when they can. There are so many good people out there in the world. Thank you lord. I think I saw god today.
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome. We have been so blessed recently I'm definitely going to be helping others this season.
ihave1
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Been there done that. Also paid it forward by helping someone in same boat. Not with diapers though
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this

We try to help others when we can.

hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM
It's so refreshing to see others so caring and generous.
famiglia_bella
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It's always moving when people openly care for others, especially "strangers".  Thanks for the post.

karenax
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I work as a cashier and over the years I've seen that happen. It always brings a smile. I always thank the customer that helped the one in need.There are really good people out there.

nurse1997
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM
2 moms liked this

A couple of days ago there was a homeless old man at Walmart standing by the door trying to stay warm and a young man handed him a couple of pkgs of pop tarts and said sorry I can't  give more and left. I did not have much money I just paid my mortage but I gave $5 bucks to my daughter to give to him and said happy holidays get some warm food. Most of us are only a paycheck away from being like him no point throwing stones glad I was able to help even if it was just a little :)

hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 8:20 PM
I'm so happy my post is making people more aware and happy!
hammack_linda
by Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)