Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Stop telling me how hard newborns are!!!

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 89 Replies
6 moms liked this
Obviously I have no clue how hard a newborn baby is on a daily basis, because my first son is due in 4 weeks. Here's the thing though, no matter how many times I'm told I won't get any sleep, he will cry all the time, all the horrible stuff that can happen, I DON'T CARE! I'm 31 years old, I've bent trying to have a baby for YEARS, for the love of God just let me be excited for this perfect miracle that I have been waiting for! Let me live in the delusion that I will be excited every moment I get to see his face, even at 2am, then 4am, then 5:17am. If it is so freaking bad, why not let expecting moms have sometime to just be happy, instead of irritated and fearful because everything is going to suck in a few months? I'm sorry for sounding bitchy, but I'm really tired of only being told the negatives about babies.

*EDIT*
Thank you so much ladies, it is really cool to see so much support an positive reinforcement!
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I always just let those comments roll off my back.
I totally understand what you're saying and to be honest... Newborns are like any other thing in life... It's all in the attitude and you are so excited and ready for your lil' peanut that you won't focus on the hardships thereby making them lose intensity.

All babes are different but my newborn wasn't hard at all. An adjustment? Yes. Hard? No.

Congrats!!! Revel in it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM
This. My first slept through the night first night home so you never know. Things do change forever but people are not trying to be mean. Everyone hears it.

Quoting Momniscient:

I totally understand what you're saying and to be honest... Newborns are like any other thing in life... It's all in the attitude and you are so excited and ready for your lil' peanut that you won't focus on the hardships thereby making them lose intensity.

All babes are different but my newborn wasn't hard at all. An adjustment? Yes. Hard? No.

Congrats!!! Revel in it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsey1112
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:02 AM
4 moms liked this
They really arnt hard. They sleep a lot usually when crying they are hungry or tired. I enjoyed my kids so much as newborns. You can sit and cuddle them and they smell so good.
You get use to the sleep schedule and it doesn't last long.
IT'S SO WORTH IT!!
Congrats on your baby coming soon.
LoveButtonKirk
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Thank you! I know I'm so emotional right now( and a little crazy). My husband's best friend is just always making snide comments about raising kids, and it got to me today.

Quoting Momniscient:

Congrats!!! Revel in it!

Momniscient
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:05 AM
You're pregnant. You have full permission to tell snidey mcasshat to shut up or you will be dropping your tired hungry mess of a child off at his house at every opportunity!

Quoting LoveButtonKirk:

Thank you! I know I'm so emotional right now( and a little crazy). My husband's best friend is just always making snide comments about raising kids, and it got to me today.

Quoting Momniscient:

Congrats!!! Revel in it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveButtonKirk
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Thank you, you're right I'm sure they aren't being mean. It's just "advice". I should probably listen instead if getting angry lol

Quoting atlmom2:

This. My first slept through the night first night home so you never know. Things do change forever but people are not trying to be mean. Everyone hears it.

Quoting Momniscient:

Congrats!!! Revel in it!

AmericanChild82
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had 3 kids. I enjoyed the newborn stage the most. Even as you say at 5:17am. It's not hard. It's just a new and different kind of normal after the babies are here. I promise you that once you see that amazingly beautiful little 1/2 of you, what people have said will go right out the window.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveButtonKirk
by on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
HAhaha, well according to Facebook he is the perfect dad lol

Quoting Momniscient:

You're pregnant. You have full permission to tell snidey mcasshat to shut up or you will be dropping your tired hungry mess of a child off at his house at every opportunity!

Quoting LoveButtonKirk:

Quoting Momniscient:

Congrats!!! Revel in it!

ladybugchar
by Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the new born stage! Both of mine slept through the night (maybe waking once) since they came home from the hospital.

They are the easiest then.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Nov. 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Newborns are easy lol! As long as they aren't colic.
Mine was sleeping 8 hours by 3 days old. He just ate and slept.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)