Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

FTM Am i experience real labor or not to worry. Helpful Advice Needed.

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am 38 weeks and 2 CM dilated. Also a first time mom. So have no idea if what i am experience could be a sign labor will be any day now. Wondering if what i am feeling means labor will be soon like the next few days not 100% but have felt since yesterday morning/afternoon like i have had one dull contraction in my stomach which a lot of women might explain as menstral cramps that won't go away and the when i get a contraction, contraction it gets painful and more uncomfortable till it goes away and goes back to the feeling of the dull pain/ menstral cramp feeling that feels like a contraction but not really ya know.. Although i know the dull pain one is not a contraction just feels like that so confused and not sure if that is a sign. Please i need all the helpful tips and opions i can get, if any other mom has gone through this. Especially this close to delivery.

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like things are gearing up for labor. It could be like this for the day, a few days or even weeks. Just one of the many joys of late pregnancy!
coliemamiof2
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say...get your butt to labor & delivery!! :D they would be able to tell for sure, but it sounds like you're in labor!! GL hon! :) :) :)
coliemamiof2
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Btw...I had the same kind of contacting with my DD...went into L&D...& I was in active labor...hour went by & my water broke & baby was ready to come out! :)
Brandy1212
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you i just know i am dialted and his head is in the birth canal from when. And when they check my cervix they have to go around his head. yes he is very low. i have had some other symptoms but nothing like this so i was not sure. and my stomach has dropped trememdisly in the past like 2 weeks. so i hope its soon. i appreciate your reply very much

coliemamiof2
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM
No prob! :) it's always better to be safe than sorry :) keep us posted & let us know if you are in active labor.. Always so exciting...especially first time moms :D

Quoting Brandy1212:

Thank you i just know i am dialted and his head is in the birth canal from when. And when they check my cervix they have to go around his head. yes he is very low. i have had some other symptoms but nothing like this so i was not sure. and my stomach has dropped trememdisly in the past like 2 weeks. so i hope its soon. i appreciate your reply very much

Brandy1212
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Yes i will i just put a phone call into the doctors before i do end up going to see if they think i should. Didn't realize they were open today lol.

Brandy1212
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Also i was 1 CM last Thursday and by Saturday when i had to go to L&D i was 2.

amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I never felt a contraction I was just very uncomfortable all day and them my water broke. Got to the hospital 2 hours later after getting a shower and fixing my hair and makeup still nothing. Them they gave me my epidural. 8 hours later I litterally laughed her out while pushing. My mom told me horror stories. But a lots changed since having baby's 10-20 years ago.
isaacsmommy68
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM

You will know when it is real. lol. Don't go to the hospital until they are consistent about 2 min apart. They will just send you home. Unless your water breaks. Your body is getting ready. congrats.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM
See how many min in between. Wait till they are less than 5 min apart or what the doctor says. I never counted contractions at all ever. Induced once and my water broke with the other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)