Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

No Dr Till After The Hoildays need help

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 21 Replies

Dr wont see me till January what are some good food to eat that are health till i see him to get my pills.. I ve been craving soup and pasta for a week now..pregnant belly

by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
What pills? What are u going to doctor for?
katamike
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM

What pills? prenatals? you can get them for like $4 at walmart.

princessto4
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yes prentals. i have look into that.. I think am 8 weeks alone but i have health problems was trying to get in asap but they said no :(

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Eat homemade soup that is loaded with veggies.  Same with pasta load it up with veggies and a lean protien.  You can buy prenatal or womens multi over the counter.  Heck even childrens vitamins can help.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Basically anything that is healthy when you are not pregant is healthy when you are pregnant excluding foods you need to avoid such as fish and some cheeses and such.  So, pastas with veggies and grilled chicken, soups with veggies, salads, grilled chicken, brown rice, whole grain things, dairy, fruits, veggies, ground turkey, etc.  You can get pre-natal vitamins at most all stores that sell vitamins including Walmart, Target, etc.  Congrats on the new pregnancy!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM
This

Quoting frndlyfn:

Eat homemade soup that is loaded with veggies.  Same with pasta load it up with veggies and a lean protien.  You can buy prenatal or womens multi over the counter.  Heck even childrens vitamins can help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hemanclub
by on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM

You need a multivitamin and frolic acid.  The reason prenatals are prescription is because they have 1mg of folic acid in them.  You can buy over the counter prenatal  and a seperate bottle of folic acid.  You want to total 1000 mcg's a day. 

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=prenatal&N=359441

You have many many options.

Quoting princessto4:

Yes prentals. i have look into that.. I think am 8 weeks alone but i have health problems was trying to get in asap but they said no :(

amberNewman0213
by Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
When was your last period?

Quoting princessto4:

SamMom912
by Silver Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 8:25 PM

No deli meats, no uncooked fish or unpasteurized cheeses, no hot dogs, no alcohol and not more then 8oz of caffeine a day. Avoid 

• Marlin
  • Orange roughy
  • Tilefish
  • Swordfish
  • Shark
  • Mackerel (king)
  • Tuna (bigeye, ahi)
  • Sea Bass (Chilean)
  • Bluefish
  • Grouper
  • Mackeral ( Spanish, Gulf)
  • Tuna (canned, white albacore) 
  • Tuna ( Yellowfin)

Congrats! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)