Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 1 Replies
So I have gotten some pretty good feedback from a lot of you concerning my issues. And well, I follow this blog. This mama is a great and kind-hearted person. And i asked her permission to post her story here hoping some of you had some answers. She could really use some suggestions because right now she is at the end of her rope. Please be gentle with your responses. Thanks!

Here's her blog post:

I’ve realized that you can probably tell what kind of days i’m having if i’m not blogging much. It seems like for the past 2 months, we haven’t been able to catch a break. Started out with kidney stones, then Luca started his no sleeping/no napping routine, then he got the flu which he passed to me, then we moved and now we’re both still fighting the sickness and he’s still not sleeping. If you’ve talked to me before, you know that when I say not sleeping I mean he wakes up every 2 hours at night, stays up fussing, starts his day at 5am, doesn’t nap longer than 1 hr/ day and is upset 90% of the time due to lack of sleep. It’s a really hard thing to deal with and you would think I was used to it since he’s been doing this for months (8ish), but every day is just a little harder. I’m always saying how thankful I am because Shane helps me any time he can, but unfortunately sometimes that doesn’t seem enough. He’s been getting off of work pretty late and has other stuff going on, so a lot of times I’m going at it non-stop. It makes me frustrated to not be able to thoroughly enjoy every single bit of Motherhood because my brain can’t even function anymore. It makes me sad that my toddler doesn’t have many good days at all, and I don’t blame him. I’m constantly trying different things to better his sleep, but a lot of times I end up crying because he’s awake again. We’ve seen 3 pediatricians who have given us blank stares because they can’t seem to understand the problem either, so it all comes down to “sorry Mom, just keep trying different things.” I love being a Mom, but it is so hard to know that it’s your responsibility to figure most things out. So. Incredibly. Hard. The amount of times I’ve heard “It’s probably teething/growth spurts/hunger…” is insane. I know that’s what you would assume, but he takes no breaks whatsoever. According to how much he does this, he should be 4 feet, 72 pounds and have a mouth full of adult teeth. This doesn’t just happen a couple weeks a months, this is every day with 1-2 good days a month.. I also hate that everyone tells me to just “sleep when he does.” Although I understand the good intention, I wish it was that easy. I want a solution to HIS problem, not sleep. I want someone to understand that this isn’t healthy for anyone, and it doesn’t make it okay just because he’s 15 months old.

Other than that, I miss my husband. I don’t mean this in a whiny way, but sometimes he’s the only strength I have. Work has been so crazy for him lately and I just wish he was here. :( Anyway, enough rambling!
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Wow, poor momma :( 
If he is 15 months he might not need a nap any longer during the day.
Also, what are his activities? Does she just let him play with toys all day, or are does she try to keep him active?
Rolling a ball down the hallway for him to chase, or playing hide and seek can really wear a little one out.
My daughter cut naps out at about that age. Some kids just don't need them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured