Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

sleeping in

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:32 AM
  • 12 Replies
My son is a year old and he just started sleeping in until 7am. I on the other hand still wake up at 4am after doing so for the last year. I cant fall back asleep and forget napping when he does during the day, it doesnt happen for me. Any advice
by on Dec. 7, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CampClan
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Motherhood is all I can say!

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Just give it time. When I had DD she wrecked my ability to go to sleep and stay asleep, and now that she's almost three I can just about fall asleep without a sleep aid and have a decent night's sleep again, but I still can't fall asleep until about 2 a.m.   I don't know what to tell you except hopefully over time your body will start to adjust to a different schedule. You've been getting up at 4 for so long, it will take some time.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

How nice that he is sleeping until then. A lot of people naturally wake up at 3 or 4.  Instead of worrying about going back to sleep, lie there and relax every muscle in your body,  sink down into the bed. Start at your toes and relax your toes,  relax your way up your body including your scalp. If your mind wanders, pull it back to thinking about how relaxed you are feeling. 

Something else if you haven't tried it yet is to eliminate caffeine- coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, at least after noon the day before. Good luck!

amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Best thing that worked for me was blacking out my windows. It was the only way I could sleep in ever.
Tigerlily21
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank for the tips, I'll try it out.

Quoting Bmat:

How nice that he is sleeping until then. A lot of people naturally wake up at 3 or 4.  Instead of worrying about going back to sleep, lie there and relax every muscle in your body,  sink down into the bed. Start at your toes and relax your toes,  relax your way up your body including your scalp. If your mind wanders, pull it back to thinking about how relaxed you are feeling. 

Something else if you haven't tried it yet is to eliminate caffeine- coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, at least after noon the day before. Good luck!

Tigerlily21
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Thanks! Gosh I guess I will just suck it up lok

Quoting JTE11:

Just give it time. When I had DD she wrecked my ability to go to sleep and stay asleep, and now that she's almost three I can just about fall asleep without a sleep aid and have a decent night's sleep again, but I still can't fall asleep until about 2 a.m.   I don't know what to tell you except hopefully over time your body will start to adjust to a different schedule. You've been getting up at 4 for so long, it will take some time.

readyforhim
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the other mom, in time...one day you will wake up a little later before you know it.

JTE11
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Lol good luck, getting up before you have to stinks!

Quoting Tigerlily21: Thanks! Gosh I guess I will just suck it up lok

Quoting JTE11:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Hopefully your body will adjust. Mine slept through the night befor 6 months, thank goodness.
Now I have grown kids but can't sleep past 7 or 7:30. Sometimes my dog gets me up at 6 with her whining. I hear her whine like I did a babies cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spizzarks1978
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha My DD has always woken up at the crack of dawn.  She is almost 7 and I still can't sleep past 8am.  If I make it till 8am I'm lucky.  My goal for this past weekend was to sleep in, I was up at 7:30 on Sat and 8 on Sun. Made me happy.  It was better than the ususal 6am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)