Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Does your child eat a good breakfast?

Posted by   + Show Post

English-Muffin Egg Pizzas

English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas from http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/easy-breakfast-recipes-kids-00000000038639/realsimple

Breakfast is important for all of us. Do your children eat a good breakfast? I found out when I was in college that when I ate a good high-protein breakfast that I had more energy all morning and didn't feel that I needed a snack before lunch.

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My four year old eats oatmeal every day for breakfast. It's all she likes. I usually do hearty breakfast foods, eggs, sausages, pancake muffins... But she prefers oatmeal. My younger one is the good eater, he'll eat whatever I make except oatmeal.

Quoting Bmat:

Mine don't care for oatmeal.  At least you have one who eats a good breakfast. :)

Quoting polkaspots: One does. The other won't eat anything other than oatmeal or the occasional French toast stick

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Scribbleprints
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Cereal...at least it's not the "breakfast candy" type though.  That only happens when dad shops.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:07 PM

These do sound good. Is she lactose intolerant? Why do you use almond milk? I've never tried it.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

My daughters favorite breakfast is:

Toasted english muffin with jam and butter, berries (strawberries or blueberries usually), small bowl of steel cut oats with cinnamon and brown sugar, and almond milk to drink. 

Her other favorite is:
Cereal with almond milk (She usually has 2 small bowls), 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and banana slices on it , and orange juice.  

Quoting Bmat:

Our doctor suggested this for us, too. What do you prepare for breakfast? I could use some suggestions. :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Yes, breakfast is our biggest meal of the day. She doesn't eat much for dinner usually 

Mrs.Sparkle
by Sparkle on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they eat oatmeal and toast about 4-5 times a week and things like pancakes bacon and eggs the other days.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:23 PM

No, but the casin in cows milk effects her neurologically, so we just try to keep it out of her diet for most part. It is really REALLY good! 

Quoting Bmat:

These do sound good. Is she lactose intolerant? Why do you use almond milk? I've never tried it.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Toasted english muffin with jam and butter, berries (strawberries or blueberries usually), small bowl of steel cut oats with cinnamon and brown sugar, and almond milk to drink. 

Her other favorite is:
Cereal with almond milk (She usually has 2 small bowls), 2 slices of toast with peanut butter and banana slices on it , and orange juice.  

Quoting Bmat:

Our doctor suggested this for us, too. What do you prepare for breakfast? I could use some suggestions. :)

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Yes, breakfast is our biggest meal of the day. She doesn't eat much for dinner usually 

daydreamer3
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM

None of my kids like to eat in the morning. 

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I am interested in trying almond milk, I never have. I tried soy milk and to me it tasted like ground up soybeans. Next time I go to the store I'll take a look at the almond milk.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

No, but the casin in cows milk effects her neurologically, so we just try to keep it out of her diet for most part. It is really REALLY good! 

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Her other favorite is:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting Mommy2justone:

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM

:(  I can't blame them, I am not hungry first thing in the morning, but I try to eat anyway since I take meds and vitamins.

Quoting daydreamer3:

None of my kids like to eat in the morning. 

Remy11
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My 2 year old eats oatmeal almost every week day. He loves it. It is my own blend so its high in protein  due to hemp and chia seeds and more. We put fruit in it along with flax seeds and more, so its completely balanced. It keeps him full for hours. On the weekend we do a big breakfast and he loves bacon (a little too much) so he has that with eggs, fruit or sometime pancakes and other homemade breakfast items.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Good for you for providing such nutritious breakfasts for him. :)

Quoting Remy11:

My 2 year old eats oatmeal almost every week day. He loves it. It is my own blend so its high in protein  due to hemp and chia seeds and more. We put fruit in it along with flax seeds and more, so its completely balanced. It keeps him full for hours. On the weekend we do a big breakfast and he loves bacon (a little too much) so he has that with eggs, fruit or sometime pancakes and other homemade breakfast items.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN