Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Does your child eat a good breakfast?

Posted by   + Show Post

English-Muffin Egg Pizzas

English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas from http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/easy-breakfast-recipes-kids-00000000038639/realsimple

Breakfast is important for all of us. Do your children eat a good breakfast? I found out when I was in college that when I ate a good high-protein breakfast that I had more energy all morning and didn't feel that I needed a snack before lunch.

by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
Charlie557
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Yes. If she doesn't, she turns into a huge crab.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM

:)   Good point about needing breakfast. :)

Quoting Charlie557:

Yes. If she doesn't, she turns into a huge crab.

1stpreggers
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Yes breakfast is our favorite meal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I hear this is a good thing. What do you serve for breakfast?

Quoting 1stpreggers: Yes breakfast is our favorite meal!

snowangel1979
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
IMO- No my children don't eat a healthy enough breakfast. LOL. Every other meal and snack is healthy though.
They eat a small bowl of cereal every morning. (I stay away from anything with dyes or sodium benzoate because of DS having adhd)

I'm 120% not a morning person and they kinda take after me. LOL they won't really eat anything but cereal. DS used to eat oatmeal but now he won't. DS does take fruit or a veggies every day for morning snack, and his lunch is healthy. DD snacks on fruit and veggies all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamianZ_mommy
by Member on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM
i want them to embrace breakfast and to make it healthy. and i want to be the mom that puts the plate down and says "eat it or starve" but somehow they still dont eat it and my hours of prep and love put into making food for them goes in the bin so ive given up and they get pop tarts or cereal and i hate that. my dd hates fruit in all forms except apple juice my ds will maybe eat stuff now that hs 7 but he used to be picky and its a roll of the dice if they like eggs the day that i make them. its frusterating. when they were babies i would daydream about making pancakes from scratch with fresh berries and freshly squeezed juice. silly i know but hindsight gives you 20/20 vision
TatyBear
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM
My 11 and 5 yr old dislike breakfast.

But my 22 month old eats a good breakfast.

Some type of egg( boiled, scrambled)
Bacon or sausage
toast
And usually some fruit, a banana or grapes cut up apple.

Or just home cooked oatmeal with fresh.fruit and Bacon and toast.

Stuff like that.
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

It sounds to me as though they are getting healthy food all through the day, which is a good thing. :)

Quoting snowangel1979: IMO- No my children don't eat a healthy enough breakfast. LOL. Every other meal and snack is healthy though.
They eat a small bowl of cereal every morning. (I stay away from anything with dyes or sodium benzoate because of DS having adhd)

I'm 120% not a morning person and they kinda take after me. LOL they won't really eat anything but cereal. DS used to eat oatmeal but now he won't. DS does take fruit or a veggies every day for morning snack, and his lunch is healthy. DD snacks on fruit and veggies all day.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Aw. :(  Well you do what you can do.

Quoting DamianZ_mommy: i want them to embrace breakfast and to make it healthy. and i want to be the mom that puts the plate down and says "eat it or starve" but somehow they still dont eat it and my hours of prep and love put into making food for them goes in the bin so ive given up and they get pop tarts or cereal and i hate that. my dd hates fruit in all forms except apple juice my ds will maybe eat stuff now that hs 7 but he used to be picky and its a roll of the dice if they like eggs the day that i make them. its frusterating. when they were babies i would daydream about making pancakes from scratch with fresh berries and freshly squeezed juice. silly i know but hindsight gives you 20/20 vision

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yum!! Nice breakfasts!

Quoting TatyBear: My 11 and 5 yr old dislike breakfast.

But my 22 month old eats a good breakfast.

Some type of egg( boiled, scrambled)
Bacon or sausage
toast
And usually some fruit, a banana or grapes cut up apple.

Or just home cooked oatmeal with fresh.fruit and Bacon and toast.

Stuff like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN