Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you always wash hands before you eat at a restaurant?edit- just learned this

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I usually do.  I don't like those germicidal cleaners. They may kill germs, but I don't feel that my hands are clean then. What do you do?

edited to add:  My friend just emailed that in the Heloise column of her newspaper that it said that using those blow dryers just blows germs onto your hands!  :(    The recommendation was (if no paper towels) use the TP to dry hands or use sanitizer.

But the sanitizer makes my hands feel so dry. :(  And I feel that the dirt is still there. :( 

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I feel the same way you do.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Germx works for me. You still have to get out of the bathroom and they don't always have paper towels. Then you will be touching a door that people touch after they pee and poop and don't wash their hands and then you're going to eat.
Yep hand Sanitizer works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I see your point, and I am OK using my shirt or sweater to open the bathroom door, but this leaves me touching the faucet, which isn't a problem if I can do it with a paper towel, but when there aren't paper towels, I don't have a choice. Maybe I need to wash hands and also use the sanitizer when I get back to the table. :(

Quoting Jenn8604: Germx works for me. You still have to get out of the bathroom and they don't always have paper towels. Then you will be touching a door that people touch after they pee and poop and don't wash their hands and then you're going to eat.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this
You would have to.
Which is why I just use sanitizer.

Quoting Bmat:

I see your point, and I am OK using my shirt or sweater to open the bathroom door, but this leaves me touching the faucet, which isn't a problem if I can do it with a paper towel, but when there aren't paper towels, I don't have a choice. Maybe I need to wash hands and also use the sanitizer when I get back to the table. :(

Quoting Jenn8604: Germx works for me. You still have to get out of the bathroom and they don't always have paper towels. Then you will be touching a door that people touch after they pee and poop and don't wash their hands and then you're going to eat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RitaTequila531
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and i grab some extra tissue, to grab the door to exit as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I almost always do, on the rare occasion I don't have to pee when I get there, I usually have to take a kid into the bathroom anyway.
I very rarely use hand sanitizer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)