Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Baby is 5 months... Is this Ok?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 23 Replies

So my son is 5 months old now. He is my third baby. With my two girls my period came back right away, within a month and a half. But with William he is 5 months now and still nothing...
He is exclusively breastfed, but so were my girls. My husband got snipped four weeks after William was born. He also went back for check ups and was told everything is good.
I've taken tests and they come back negative. I'm not on any birth control either. I did have some complications when William was born. But nothing major.
So any ideas ladies? Should I be worried? or just enjoy the break?

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I would just enjoy the break.  This is your 3rd baby so body may want the break LOL.

norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I never got mine back before my kids were 11 months old. It's totally normal to have no period for a year, sometimes longer ;).
norahsmommy
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Oh and how did your dh cope with the vasectomy? Dh says he is getting one after this baby comes and I'd like to know what he should expect.

Quoting norahsmommy: I never got mine back before my kids were 11 months old. It's totally normal to have no period for a year, sometimes longer ;).
baquick
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Enjoy the break lol
twoplusthree13
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM

He was just fine after about 2 days. Normally it takes about 15 minutes to do. They just go in cut and close the tubes then you have a two small incisions. But my 'special hubby' had one tube that was really small (which is probably why it was hard to get pregnant). The doc had a hard time finding it so he was really sore and bruised from that and it took almost an hour. But he slept the first day, and took it easy for a week. He couldn't take anything except tylenol and he was just fine. Just have lots of ice on hand the first day or two.

simple smile

Quoting norahsmommy: Oh and how did your dh cope with the vasectomy? Dh says he is getting one after this baby comes and I'd like to know what he should expect.

Quoting norahsmommy: I never got mine back before my kids were 11 months old. It's totally normal to have no period for a year, sometimes longer ;).

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:36 PM
After my 3rd baby mine was different too. I also got my tubes tied. I bled a little the first 2 days. Then stopped and the next couple of months I did for a couple of days. After 3 months mine was back to 4 days.

Have you spoke to your dr about it?
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I didn't get mine until six months pp with both kids and I was only bfing one of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:17 PM
No need to be worried at all. I didn't get my period until my daughter weaned off the breast when she was 15 months old. Enjoy the break!
LilliesValley
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Nope. Usually if you ebf you have at least six months but I know many mons in the bf group that go longer. Of course ut can go the other way but since your dh is snipped no worries. I wish I could convince my dh to do the same.
pinkfairy0206
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I'd enjoy it. I didn't get my period for 2 years after I had my son. I nursed him for 2 1/2. My 3 daughters I got my period after 6 months + and also bf them. I was actually worried too because I wasn't getting it lol. My dr said its normal. I also have endometriosis, which messes my system up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)