Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

7 month old sleep problems - HELP!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

My daughter is 7 months and ever since 6 months (teething started then and also food ANND a move to her crib vs pack and play), she has been waking up every hour almost. I am SHOT! She cut two teeth at the bottom so I do not think it is teething anymore - I think its separation anxiety? Or she seems super wound up. I really dont know what to do anymore. I pick her up and she is fine and happy as a clam snuggled on me. I am soooo upset - totally in tears . I am not comfortable with the cry-it-out method -- I let it go for about 10 minutes and then it gets so bad she pukes. WHAT DO I DO?! I put her back in the pack and play - no difference. I am at the end of my rope!!!!!

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Have you tried a crib instead of a pack n play?

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My daughter couldn't sleep in a pack n play, the crib was much more comfortable. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Sorry, I misread, you moved her to a pack in play from the crib?

Jaimegurl23
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM

yes we switched her from pack n play to crib and thats when this all began -- now we put her back in pack n play and she is not sleeping anymore.

Before this (and she was sleeping through the night) she was:

*In our room in pack n play

*No teeth

*No solid food

NOW we put her in her own room in a crib (or were trying to), she got two teeth and started food. She also started crawling and pulling herself up on her own....Ever since all of that she seems to fall asleep good on me but does not stay asleep at night. She also seems like she is READY TO GO and play with a TON of energy. The energy is def not from naps I will tell you that!!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Babies go through so many sleep changes throughout the first year.  She will eventually start sleeping.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

skindeles
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM

my daughter did this at about 6 months old. I took my sisters advice. I gave her a bottle of warm water and rubbed her back for just a little bit. Enough for her to know I was there, but left the room before she fell asleep. I did not pick her up. After 2 nights, she slept throught the night from that point on.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Are you thinking she might be sensitive to any of the foods? Did you introduce one at a time? If you want her to learn to put herself to sleep you're going to have to let her cry some, it's very important for you to get some sleep mama, what happens is she goes through a natural light sleep cycle, wakes up, realizes you aren't there to hold her and she starts to cry. You want her to learn to put HERSELF back to sleep, and she will if you let her. Google "sleep training" or "Dr. Ferber" You're going to get a lot of people telling you to co-sleep or just pick her up but if you wanted to do that you would be! At 6 months she shouldn't be interrupting your sleep more than once a night.

Jaimegurl23
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Thanks but after 10 minutes of cry I out, my daughter is literally so upset she is vomiting. I'm sorry but that can't be healthy?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)