Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how much from santa?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 41 Replies
Last year i went all out for christmas because i could, n yrs before i couldnt. My son is 7 now and wants lego ninjago (pricey!!! Omg!) So i explained to him that if thats all he wants he wont get as much n he was ok with that. I am on a tight budget and got him things i knew he would love both toys n cliothes. For my budget im pleased with the amount n the items. But now comes wrapping and tags.. how do i decide how much comes from santa? I hate giving santa the credit .

Do u go half? Only a few? Mostly?
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JMmama
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
In our house Santa brings one unwrapped present and it's usually not the big ticket one. Last year DS got a basketball he had asked for from Santa. This year Santa is bringing the big ticket toys though because I don't want to wrap a Barbie house or a play kitchen.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Have santa give the smaller ideas....... Remember christmas is not about who the gifts are from but the joy of giving.  We do 1-3 gifts from Santa and the rest from us.  He typically gives wooden things or craft kits.

sissyboogs
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Santa gives all the gifts here. I don't feel like I need the "credit".
cbear2
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I think im more excited for christmas then he is lol i always have an open first gift n an open last this yr i found the open first but cant choose which one for the last because hes gonna be off the walls about a few lol

Ugg sick of wrapping.. n only wrapped a cpl small things..

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have santa give the smaller ideas....... Remember christmas is not about who the gifts are from but the joy of giving.  We do 1-3 gifts from Santa and the rest from us.  He typically gives wooden things or craft kits.

cbear2
by Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM
:) i did that one yr. Lol i think i put 2 things from me.. haha lil squirt pops off later with mom musta been mad at me but santa loves me!! I was giggleing n thinkin that red fat man jus one upped me for my own work lol

Quoting sissyboogs: Santa gives all the gifts here. I don't feel like I need the "credit".
Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Santa brings one small item and maybe a CD or a movie.  The good stuff comes from Mom and Dad lol

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Santa gives more, here. But that's just us
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I struggle with this every year!

I like santa to not only bring fun wants but things I really want them to have as well.

Santa this year is bringing a microscope, a a toy they both really wanted, books they rrally wanted, a radio, and board games for the whole family.

I think for you, the lego set could totally be from santa.
Cafe Steph
by Group Admin on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Here, Santa always brought 1 or 2 of the things they wanted most and they were sometimes wrapped, sometimes not, depending on the size of the item. Everything else would be from us. But we stuck with 1 or 2 things from Santa so we could remember when the girls told other people that they got stuff, what stuff came from Santa so we wouldn't do like my sister and say, "Oh, yeah, I got that on sale at Target last week." LOL

ARPsMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
My boys ask Santa for one thing. Sometimes it's the big ticket item, whatever they ask him for. This year my son asked for a Ninja Turtle Ball Blaster. It was $30 so not superexpensive. He also fills the stockings.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN