Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

my brother is selling drugs on facebook

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was scrolling through facebook last night and I read a post made by my younger brother saying if anyone wants to buy some xanex (sp?) to hit him up along with his cell number. I called him and asked if he was trying to get himself arrested and have mom's house searched for drugs. He's still in high school. He said for me not to worry he's not stupid and not going to get caught. Really? If you post stupid things like that on facebook where everyone, including cops can read, you can and will get caught.

He then tells me he wanted to make some money. I told him to get a job like a normal person. He then tells me he had two jobs, hated them and didn't show up anymore. My mom over hears the converstation and did nothing about it. All she said was maybe he'll go to jail and finally learn. Is she serious?! That is not the same woman who raised me. She use to smack me for talking back, being out too late, etc. She did something when I got out of line when I was 16. But now my half brother is at that age she lets him get away with selling pain pills.

I've never been so disappointed in all my life. My brother use to be so smart. He was a striaght A student in advanced classes, had a chance to go study abroad and college fully paid for. He threw all that away so he could skip school, smoke weed, get into fight and sell pain pills on freakin facebook!

I've tried talking to him and explaining to him what could happen if he keeps going down this path. But he's not taking anything I say seriously. And he laughs at me about it. Both my mom and step dad won't do anything about it. He's gonna end up in jail and he acts like I shouldn't worry... wtf?
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, I'd report it.  I would print off his facebook posting and take it to the police.  Not sure if they'd do anything but if they did maybe he would get busted and straighten up.

steffiecox
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
would it be wrong of me to report my own brother though?

Quoting -PB:

Honestly, I'd report it.  I would print off his facebook posting and take it to the police.  Not sure if they'd do anything but if they did maybe he would get busted and straighten up.

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this
No it wouldn't be. He is doing something illegal. I think it would be worse not to report it just bc he is family.

Quoting steffiecox: would it be wrong of me to report my own brother though?

Quoting -PB:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM
No, report it.

Quoting -PB:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffiecox
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
yea I see your point. I tried to get through to him and so has my older brother. I'd hate to see him get locked up... but he's gotta learn some how.

Quoting KelliansMom: No it wouldn't be. He is doing something illegal. I think it would be worse not to report it just bc he is family.

Quoting -PB:

-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:32 AM

If he sells drugs to another child and that child becomes addicted, or even worse has an overdose and dies would you feel bad for not reporting it?

Quoting -PB:

cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Report it. It sounds like he needs some tough love to straighten him out.
steffiecox
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I see your point. Thanks for the advice.

Quoting -PB:

If he sells drugs to another child and that child becomes addicted, or even worse has an overdose and dies would you feel bad for not reporting it?

Quoting -PB:

Halobetasol
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM

lol

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Report it. He doesn't need to know YOU did it. Ask the cops to keep it quiet on how they found it. I'm sure they would.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)