Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ready to call it quits... Vent.... piog

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:13 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok so this is a pretty long story, I'll try to summarize it to the best of my ability. I'm having serious issues with boyfriend, with situations that honestly shouldn't be that serious!

We have been on and off for a year now. He dates other people trying to move on and ends up back with me. This last time is when I got pregnant. He did it on purpose, acted like he put the condom on and then took it off. I didn't find out until after I was pregnant.

So my issue is that he never puts me first. Ever. His friends, work, partying, pretty much everything comes first. I have had many conversations with him about it. After I got pregnant, I told him the partying had to stop. That is the only ultimatum I have ever given him. I live with my best friend and her 3 kids. One is an Autistic 6 year old who never sleeps. I'm a light sleeper so I don't get any sleep either. This past weekend I got a hotel room just to sleep and relax. I talked about the hotel with my boyfriend about him coming down to the beach with me. Friday rolls around and he keeps telling me about how sick he is and how he doesn't feel good and how he has been sleeping all day. I took it as an indication that he was staying home because he was sick. A few hours later I get a text from one of my friends saying that he is at a night club with friends. Of course, I flew off the handle. He blamed me for not inviting him to the hotel room today. Seriously? He kept saying how sick he was I wasn't about to tell him, hey come down to the beach, when we had already discussed it and he kept saying he was sick. So he leaves the club and comes to the hotel. Stays with me pretty much the whole weekend.

So we get back to my house on Sunday, for my best friend's sons birthday party. I tell my best friend that next year I'm having Christmas at my house and everybody can come over there because I have dragged my other two kids to four different places every year and I am not doing it anymore with another baby. Boyfriend threw a hissy fit. Telling me that there is no way that he isn't going to his moms for Christmas. He leaves the room and we continue talking and my best friend was saying just wait until next year when the baby is here because he will change his mind. He comes back in the room saying he isn't changing his mind, his family has been there his whole life and he isn't not going to his moms. I never said that he can't see his mom on Christmas, simply put that everyone comes to me instead, since I will have 3 kids by that time, and that my baby will only be about 5 months old at that time!

Everything he says and does is throwing up red flags... I'm at the point where I'm just ready to throw in the towel and start on my plan B for this baby. I'm not ready to give up my sanity and happiness for someone who doesn't put me first.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like you already have your answer.

He'd have been gone the second I found out I was pregnant and he did it on purpose.

Why do you insist on being treated so poorly?
Skittles1988
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd have called it quits  after the multiple times he left me to have fun and then came back. The red flags were already there. Honestly, he won't grow up when the baby comes, he clearly doesn't care enough about you to be mature and treat you well.

steffiecox
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM
He sounds pretty childish to me. I'd kick him to the curb and never look back.
Skittles1988
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM

He's not trustworthy and clearly is manipulative. Save yourself the heartache and get out now.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Is he on something or cheating? Either way I'd dump him
mommy4life15
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I really don't. Before when he had pulled a stunt like that I had called it quits. In the one that had broke thing off with him every time. However, he is one of those guys who knows what to say and how to say it. Things are usually ok for a month or two and then it's right back to how things were before.

Quoting Aslen: Sounds like you already have your answer.

He'd have been gone the second I found out I was pregnant and he did it on purpose.

Why do you insist on being treated so poorly?
lunyuny
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Save your sanity. Youll need it and be glad the stress is gone. Good luck I wish all well
IWantOneMorePlz
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Make plans for yourself and your children.  Do not attempt to depend on him, he will only disappoint you.  Cut him loose.  

Rhodin
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM

I'd look but the laws on child custody and visitation right now.  Maybe you can file for primary right now before your (ex)boyfriend tries to use your baby to keep you around.

mommy4life15
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I live in Florida. Child stays with the mother unless you can prove she is unfit. I already know that's what he is trying to do. What he doesn't realize is that I already am a single mother to TWO kids. At least my ex husband grew up when I got pregnant with our first. Smh

Quoting Rhodin:

I'd look but the laws on child custody and visitation right now.  Maybe you can file for primary right now before your (ex)boyfriend tries to use your baby to keep you around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN