Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Would u do this even if money is tight for u?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
So a awesome friend who i went to school with and her dh and child lives really close to me. We would set up play dates at least once a week for our kids. Her daughter is 2 and my middle ds is 3 and they are amazing friends too.
Now my friends name is cassie and we would give parenting advice, or complain about our dhs if they pissed us off.

But last week while she was with her mom and daughter her husband was home. Their house started on fire and 5 fire departments were called as it was uncontrollable. Well cuz of this fire she lost everything, clothes, all baby items for their unborn son who is going to be ethan, all toys for their daughter. Now the house was inspected and they were told it is fixable but it will take a while so they may not be in the house til after their son is born which is the end of march.
So cuz them losing everything i went on fb and on m my local buy sell and trade sites and posted an ad for her. I also set up a bank account an put 5 dollars in to hold it, and other people can go an put donations in. I called my local kid consignemnt shop and told the owner what happened and all stuff she pulled of the shelf to donate to other stores she put in a box and sent it home with me to give to my friend.
Now i want to go and buy a xmas gift for my friends daughter so she can have some toy.
But my problem is we are also tight on money and i want to help as much as i can for my friend and het family. I feel anazing what i have done for her so far but i feel like its not wnough and i need to do more.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tcallisto
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM

How sweet of you!!  Like your friend, we had a housefire in April, and also had  fire departments there.  Ours was a total loss, house has been leveled, and we have since purchased a new home. We have 3 boys.  If it will put you in a financial bind with your own expenses and family, don't feel obligated. You have done so much for them, and since you are such good friends, they wouldn't want you to put yourself in a bind.

I can say from our personal experiance, what you have done for them already is a huge help and bless you for being so giving!

PeppyInPink
by New Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM
What you have done sounds amazing! If you've really feel the urge try finding a coupon. Target had a lot of buy one get one 50% off recently
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You have done what a good friend would.  Your friend would not want you to have a hard time because of her family.

mom2bahandcch
by Queen of the World on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Try Walmart, like a stuffed animal or baby. They have some cute ones for under $10. Or dollar tree.
bluedolly01
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do it. The present doesnt have to be big. Just a small token.

I am buying a small gift for a friend to give to her kids from Santa because funds are tight for her. I am paying it forward from when someone helped us out a few years ago.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Your a great friend wish I could help you have done alot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You are a great friend. I would buy something small but if it is too tight, you have done a lot so don't stress over it
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I would. We try to always give more than we receive. You've done so much as well! You're a great friend.
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Did they have insurance?? If it will put you in a financial bind, no, I wouldn't do it. You have done quite a bit.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM

What a great thing you have done....sounds like you have done plenty. That being said, you can find nice little gifts for great prices at Walgreens.

you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)