Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

is this harsh?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
  • 12 Replies
my mother in law keeps leaving her grandson with me and I have two kids of my own and its funny because I never ask for help. I take them everywhere even to the doctor because I have no help and it don't bother me, well the other day his dad brought him here and I had plans. and come to find out the grandma told him to leave him here, when the night before he was with me for 2 hours and I told her that it was getting to hectic. well when she came back I told her it has to come to a stop and I never ask her for help why couldn't she call his mother or take him with her like I always do? please am I harsh for not wanting to keep other kids? sheesh give me a break I have kids...please tell me????
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM
2 moms liked this
You're fine. It's the other adults that obviously have no manners. You don't just drop a child off without prior knowledge or volunteer someone to watch a child. Very rude they are.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM
She just shows up without asking? Are your kids close in age?
marianne702
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:38 AM
yes, and yes.
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Where is your husband on all of this?

It is HIS nephew - It is HIS mother - It is HIS brother/sister.

Tell him to man up, and talk to his mom, and his sibling.

kathymomof2
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 5:07 AM

she was taking advantage of you and no i don't think you are harsh to stand up for yourself - like you said, you have your own children and a life so she shouldn't assume you are always "on-call" as a babysitter

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Mom2Just1: You're fine. It's the other adults that obviously have no manners. You don't just drop a child off without prior knowledge or volunteer someone to watch a child. Very rude they are.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:47 AM

No, you werent too harsh.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I'm shocked that someone would do so without even asking, or that you say yes without a fight.

I'm independent to a fault as well. I effing hate that people can't handle taking their own children to the doctor or costco.

That being said maybe your mil is old and can't deal like you. Work something out or you will be resentful for a long time and that's no good.

-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Um, no not harsh at all.  I would have a real problem with that. 

momtodab
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

No its not harsh. She needs to keep them or call their mother. I have 3 kids of my own i rarly watch other kids. I have enough going on 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN