Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

not sure the right place, ear infections?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 8 Replies
My son got tubes in July this year and had yet to have an infection until a week ago. My son now has a rip roaring infection with drainage because of the tubes and has a rash around his ear and athis jaw line. Any ssuggestions or has anyone else experienced this?
Dr said not to worry that it was probably irritation from the drainage but it does not look good at all and I am worried.
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:56 AM

I wonder if diaper rash cream would help keep the irritation away.  Does the drainage happen more when he lays down?  If so, put a towel on his pillow to help the drainage from sticking to his face.  

DD has never had an ear infection but this is how i would treat it if she did.

emkirkley
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I would coat it in aquafor and antibiotic ointment.
-PB
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Aww, poor lil' guy.  My nephew got tubes in his ear when he was 9 months.  He still got ear infections but not nearly as many.  He was getting them like every six weeks and the tubes reduced it down to only a couple a year.  I would try putting some aquaphor on it and see if that helps.  Does it itch? 

emmy526
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Did the dr actually look at it or tell you that over the phone?

squeekers
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

When I was 7 yrs old I had ear tubes twice and had ear infections before, during & after for 4 years total.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM
All three of my boys have had tubes. My oldest two never got many infections afterwards and didn't have the drainage but my youngest got the drainage when he would get an infection and it was worrisome. He never got a rash though. I would maybe coat that part of his face with aquaphor or vaseline and see if that helps.
kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM

it happens. just clean the drainage. put antibiotic ointment on the rash area, call the doctor

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:31 AM
I would want a dr look at his ears.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN