Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have you ever felt this way

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I've been home since sept and sometimes get depressed I chose to stay at home because me working didn't work out for our family. So Isometimes I just feel like there isn't a lot of meaning in my life anymore. Do you stay home and if so do you have any advice for me. I want to continue to stay home but be happy

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommytoOJ
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Lady....us women can become so much more useful in the house than out!! Lol (kiding) but seriously. I have been home from time to time when my sons were babies. Among things I did: I babysat other children...of course house chores were absolutely up to date...I pampered dh a lot. Took care of bills and errands all the time. STUDY (that's a big one). Etc. There is a lot u can do ad a SAHM. sometimes even more exhausting than a full time work mom.
nurse1997
by Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I stayed home for a while due to a new move to a different state I lasted a year and had to go back!

danigirlglow
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'm a sahm by choice, but I work PRN stil, usually at least one shift a week. I love staying home though. I have an active social life, between my kids and their activities, play dates, and my own friends. I don't just sit at home, I'd go crazy.
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:59 PM

It sounds like you may have a little depression going on? Is there a moms group you can join and do some activities with?

Bleacheddecay
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Take time alone for you and your sanity. Also schedule regular time with your friends, they can bring babies too for play time and you need some, just adult time with them as well. Also schedule a regular date night so you and your husband have a chance to remember why you are a couple.

If that doesn't work consider taking a part of flex time job to make you feel like you are contributing more, volunteer in the community, and/or see a doctor for possible depression.

When I stayed home with my first child I was horribly exhausted and depressed. I didn't even get how depressed I was until I started working part time. At least you have more awareness. Good for you girl. Get what you need. *HUGS*

katiebug840204
by Katie on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Now that all my kids are in school I feel like that a lot. I can't get a job because like you, it doesn't work for us. My hubby's job requires crazy hours and being on call 24/7...it just doesn't work for us when we have 3 kids. I feel like I'm just wasting space because I'm not doing anything with my life. :-(
kathymomof2
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:18 PM

yes, i feel the same way you do - i get very lonely because i have an empty nest and stopped working a year ago - now i don't regret leaving my old job, but i do miss being around other people.  i wish i had some good advice but i am figuring out how to be happier too.   Hugs to you

AbbyWalsh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Why didn't you working work out for your family?  Find a job that fits better with what you need right now.  Don't give up.  If you want to work and can't find a paying job, then do some volunteer work in the same field.  When you child is older, you'll want your skill set to be up to date so you can go back to work full time.  Too many women are finding they can't get jobs because they've been out of the work force for 20 years.  

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM
I get a lot of life validation from my work, I get it. I also make good money and insure the whole family.

I did stay home for many years. It was kind of a bummer but kept muself busy with the kids and groups.

It's so important to be home while you can imo.

Try hard to find all the poitives in being home. Your time will come to work eventually. :) I hope then, like me - you find something you love, and that works with your dh's schedule.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM
How did it not benefit your family? Do you mean financially?

Have you looked into joining any groups or activities?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN