Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do the holidays affect your pets?

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 44 Replies

Our cats seem nervous.  They seem to be able to tell that something is going on.  What about your pets? Do they nibble on the Christmas tree? Do they steal cookies? Have they unwrapped presents?

by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidyns_mommy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I cook a lot more, and I am a messy cook. She stays pretty full :) She trys to drink the chritmas tree water, but we try to keep her away.

She also hates pictures lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Awww,  LOL! This is funny about her staying full LOL!!  We have that problem with the Christmas tree water and our cats.  I end up having to cover the water, which means to water the tree I need to crawl under it to uncover the water enough to pour more water in.

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

I cook a lot more, and I am a messy cook. She stays pretty full :) She trys to drink the chritmas tree water, but we try to keep her away.

She also hates pictures lol

katiebug840204
by Katie on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My husky isn't affected at all. She sniffs the tree and presents but doesn't mess with anything.
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Good girl!!!  How old is she?

Quoting katiebug840204:

Mobile Photo

My husky isn't affected at all. She sniffs the tree and presents but doesn't mess with anything.

The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

My cat likes to drink the tree water and sometimes steal ornaments.

katiebug840204
by Katie on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
She is 11 months! She is a very good dog, especially considering she is still puppy.

Quoting Bmat:

Good girl!!!  How old is she?

Quoting katiebug840204:

Mobile Photo

Niciajayy
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Woke up this morning to my xmas tree laying on the floor. Lol
lilmoosesmom
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
They are not bothered at all. :) in fact I think they look forward to Christmas morning and their own gifts. :P
steffiecox
by Steph on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
One of my cats likes to sleep on the presents and the other one likes to climb into the christmas tree and sleep. I've had to re-wrap two presents.
lulumomof2
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM

My dogs have stepped on a few gifts, lol!! We have our tree in our front room in front of our picture window. They LOVE to see what is going on outside and if they see something, they try to get a better look and have stepped on a gift or two (or 4, lol). Lucky for me, I had forethought and put the fragile gifts away from the window, as well as towards the back of the tree! My poor kids will be opening mushed pjs on Christmas eve, lol!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured